Randy Rhoads Movie

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

MarkR777

Randy Rhoads Movie

Post by MarkR777 »

Who here on The Board has dreamed of A Randy Rhoads Movie that covers His entire life? That would be simply amazing! Any thoughts on Who could play Who? However, I would want it to be historically accurate as I'm sure most of You would. Case in point, The Def Leppard Movie on VH1. That was A terrible fiasco. I'm glad They made One for Leppard, but it's not done right and almost cringe worthy in parts. :)
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Movie

Post by orion_damage »

I can't really picture any "A" list celebrities portraying Randy. Maybe have some decently known actors as the supporting cast to give it some "name" exposure but I think I'd like to see a unknown actor play Randy.
MarkR777

Post by MarkR777 »

I agree. Unknows would be best. I think that by having unknows, People wouldn't be associating Them with other movies or projects. Having A known actor/actress would provide exposure for The Movie, but it would also taint it as well. Instead of the focus on The Story or Randy, The media and general public would be focused on Who is playing the parts. The most important aspect for Me personally would be accuracy on even the smallest of details. :)
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I can't remember if it was here or over at RRtk and I think it spawned a thread about the Ozzy movie (Ozzy and $harron are requesting Johnny Derp - I'll call him that because all his movies suck lately) and the name to play Randy was interesting because he's a huge Randy fan. In a weird way,the guy isn't a big guy and he's also blond. That name is David Spade.

Sorry about my rambling. Too much coffee in me and no alcohol. :shock:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i really dont feel like a movie will do randy any justice at all.i think an honest 2-3 hour documentary would be better..that way his life is chronicled the way it should be.not an hour and a half of things taken out of context just to keep movie goers attention etc.a documentary with occasional reenactments of his life narrated with somebody that has a distictive voice.just my opinion on this.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah an informative docu would be cool i honestly don't warrant Randy to be such a massive star to be depicted in a starring role in any film. Charlton Heston or Robert Powell doing the narration in that style. 'Sky arts' have done many and they come over well.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i mean you see on youtube so many docs on musicians and they are awesome!!gives info on things you might not know and such
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i was thinking simon cowell.(By 1980 randy was a blithering mess).Lol im joking of course but you see what im saying