Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Rumour: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by randy will never die »

does anybody know anything about the southhamptin show?

only 3 songs from that show why

if the 3 songs are that good then were are the others why cant we hear the full show?
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Re; South Hampton, no comment. I remember the Sharon int. where she was getting us all hot for the boxset. "The guys" as she kept referring to Lee and Bob are being put back on or whatever. "You can hear them talking on the original tapes" though they were probably Bobs tapes. I do remember her saying they had to match up the audio with some of the 3 films they had found. And sure I wish there was more Randy on the New Mexico footage but it is what it is. When I first watched it my brain went to the first Diary audio (Kalamazoo?), which I thought was rare then and now I had video, I was happy but yeah, not a lot of Randy...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:Re; South Hampton, no comment. I remember the Sharon int. where she was getting us all hot for the boxset. "The guys" as she kept referring to Lee and Bob are being put back on or whatever. "You can hear them talking on the original tapes" though they were probably Bobs tapes. I do remember her saying they had to match up the audio with some of the 3 films they had found. And sure I wish there was more Randy on the New Mexico footage but it is what it is. When I first watched it my brain went to the first Diary audio (Kalamazoo?), which I thought was rare then and now I had video, I was happy but yeah, not a lot of Randy...
Yeah that was probs about the same time that the Southampton show was going to be released. If you remember it was seen as part of the 30th anniversary box set cd's dvd's and you could read the disc SOUTHAMPTON. So to answer RWND the whole gig was recorded but with the wrangle between the O's and Bob & Lee being on that recording ?. It's a double edged sword as Bob has the Grail tapes that he cannot do nothing with, unless the O's give him the ok and permission to do it. That will involve a lot of arse licking and some huge slices of humble pie. Or for it to be leaked which could easily happen. But the contents of the Grail is alot of hours. So at best we'd hear snippets of the better cutts. Speculate 'til the cows come home..
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Who knows what the boxset could of had in it? The old boxset/South Hampton disc pic reminds me of the Speak of the devil DVD, it was due out last year and featured a 1981 program - resize/reprint. There was a pic for that too which showed the disc and program but it was post-poned to this year with a cheesy cover. I didn't buy that one, I have it on laser disc.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Bump, since the other thread is starting to talk about this show again
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

And BUMP!!! :)
From My RR Collection
Randy Rhoads Postcard
April 24th 1981 (Passaic County, New Jersey)

(Partial Text)
Hi,
Tonight was good too, so far every nite has been successful
the crowds are really loving it. This tour is starting out great,
much different than England! I wore your vest with the weird
sleeves it really looked good. They filmed tonight it was real neat.
Randall

Courtesy of Mike Chu.
Thanks for that! We already had very strong clues the Capital Theater show on April 24, 1981 was filmed. But good to see another confirmation! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Did the band know prior to the recording? Or did they just notice the house cameras as the show went on?

If it was prior then I imagine Sharon approved it and would have received a copy within a few weeks, but that seemingly never happened so I doubt she approved it. So I gather they just noticed the house cameras during the show.
The Flying Dutchman

Shockwave wrote:Did the band know prior to the recording? Or did they just notice the house cameras as the show went on?
Good question. But I remember reading somewhere that they would film anyways, approval or not, and then after the show handed the tapes over.

No doubt the O's know exactly what happened with these film tapes and where they are now.
What a waste..... :x
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Did the band know prior to the recording? Or did they just notice the house cameras as the show went on?
Good question. But I remember reading somewhere that they would film anyways, approval or not, and then after the show handed the tapes over.

No doubt the O's know exactly what happened with these film tapes and where they are now.
What a waste..... :x
Are we talking about the same footage from the Wareagle... thread?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385

If so then we know where the footage is. Its still with the owner of the theatre. I along with others have emailed him personally, he just can't show it without the permission of the Osbourne's. Just stating in case others weren't aware.
The Flying Dutchman

orion_damage wrote:Are we talking about the same footage from the Wareagle... thread?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385
I would say yes, but...

From the first post in this thread:
Many fans are constantly asking the million dollar question; is there professional film footage of Randy Rhoads onstage with Ozzy Osbourne. The answer is YES, but we may never get to see it. Ozzy's concert at The Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on April 24th 1981 was professionally shot. Every concert in that theatre from 1973-1984 was pro-shot. It was a 3-camera black and white shoot. The entire concert was filmed.

Then from the Wareagle thread:
wareagle wrote:i dont know what show (i emailed him to ask) but he says 1981. pro shot, color,
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I haven't kept up with this topic... why would the Osbournes not want the footage released?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I haven't kept up with this topic... why would the Osbournes not want the footage released?
Not sure this answers your question but here's a snippet from the email I sent. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4385&start=45

me: Would there be any possibility of it being shown one day?

Bill: Doubt it, but the Osbournes have first dibbs. I am under agreement with them and the footage is from private sources not public concerts and not originally open to the public, some kind of private events. Therefore even more reason for their being able to decide whether or not to share. They their likeness, image, music, etc. Copyrights, and at a private event have the right not to expect public showcasing.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I haven't kept up with this topic... why would the Osbournes not want the footage released?
I would think Sharon would want to make money off of it and no one else. I go back to saying if she had it, it would have been part of the box set a couple years now ago. Even though it's black and white. That is a good question why didn't she acquire the reels right after the show? I believe they were aware of the taping before the show I thought something was mentioned in Off the Rails but I would need to go back read? Other than that because it was the venues equipment, maybe she was not legally able to just take the reels?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

im thinking she saw it and ozzy was wrecked off key forgetting words etc..just wierd she didnt add it to the boxset.who knows