Placed order on New Jackson RR1

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Placed order on New Jackson RR1

Post by dannyahansen »

Hey guys and gals,
I finally ordered my guitar. I did make some revision as the master built guitar I was going to order could not be finalized. I had started talks with my local Guitar Center back in march of 2012. I had received 3 spec sheets over 2 years and they still could not get it finalized. My wife worried that the cost and that after 2 years they still could not get specs right. So I revised the order down to something that I would still like that was still custom.

So it will be a RR-24 fret Amber sunburst with a quilt maple top. The body is mahogany. The electronics rear route. So there is no pick guard.

The neck is oiled, raw, maple.
The head stock is quilt maple with color to match body paint.
Gold hardware
Schaller strap locks
Top mounted non recessed floyd rose
Volume placement 1/2 inch back
EVH low friction volume pot and standard tone pots
Dimarzio Evolution pickups that are gold plated.
Gold pick up rings
Graphite reinforced truss rod
Ebony finger board
Stainless steal frets
Ivoroid neck and headstock binding.
Abalone shark fin inlays
Abalone "Jackson" decal

I got a good deal on it and it should be here in Nov around Thanksgiving. I am pretty stoked. I am going to order a gold truss rod cover with the RR in block lettering. Fretsonthenet have all sorts of Jackson and Charvel replacement parts. I have order a number of things from him for my other guitars. I may replace the gold nobs for nobs that have abalone on them from Q parts. I just did some for my white jackson and they look top notch.
the crush
Cool Member

Re: Placed order on New Jackson RR1

Post by the crush »

dannyahansen wrote:Hey guys and gals,
I finally ordered my guitar. I did make some revision as the master built guitar I was going to order could not be finalized. I had started talks with my local Guitar Center back in march of 2012. I had received 3 spec sheets over 2 years and they still could not get it finalized. My wife worried that the cost and that after 2 years they still could not get specs right. So I revised the order down to something that I would still like that was still custom.

So it will be a RR-24 fret Amber sunburst with a quilt maple top. The body is mahogany. The electronics rear route. So there is no pick guard.

Gold hardware
Schaller strap locks
Gold pick up rings
Ebony finger board
Stainless steal frets
Abalone shark fin inlays
Abalone "Jackson" decal

I got a good deal on it and it should be here in Nov around Thanksgiving. I am pretty stoked. I am going to order a gold truss rod cover with the RR in block lettering. Fretsonthenet have all sorts of Jackson and Charvel replacement parts. I have order a number of things from him for my other guitars. I may replace the gold nobs for nobs that have abalone on them from Q parts. I just did some for my white jackson and they look top notch.
post some pictures for sure when you get the guitar!! sounds pretty awesome
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

dannyahansen wrote:Hey guys and gals,

Gold hardware
Schaller strap locks
Gold pick up rings
Ebony finger board
Stainless steal frets
Abalone shark fin inlays
Abalone "Jackson" decal

check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I sure will. It should be a nice looking guitar too.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

OK I finally got my guitar. It does look sweet and it plays and sounds really nice. I need to figure how to post pictures. The pictures I took don't look to good so I need to redo them. I might just do a video because I think that will be easier with Youtube.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Here are the pictures

For some reason the pictures at the end are huge. I am not sure why they are different.

This one shows the interesting neck through design. I always had this idea and was really exited to see it.

This one shows a really nice shot of the knobs my wife got me with the abalone inlayed.

A few pictures showing the strap.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

that is totally AWESOME .... although the logo look doesn't do it for me .... the rest rulez
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

sytharnia wrote:that is totally AWESOME .... although the logo look doesn't do it for me .... the rest rulez
I have seen better looking logos. I don't mind it but it is not the best looking one I have seen.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Here is video of me jamming it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4--r2QqV7w
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Looks 8)
I think I would redo the logo and make it black or maybe white.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

dannyahansen wrote:Here is video of me jamming it.
sounds great .... what are you running into??
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

sytharnia wrote:
I have 2 Carvin Legacys (one with a Marshall 1960A and the other with the Carvin legacy 4x12) that have a dd7 running into the effects loop on both of them. In the front I have the new Waza Craft Boss Super Overdrive and a dd5 that splits, stereo. That way you get that big open delay sound that ping pongs back and forth.

I also have a super chorus , a whammy and a zakk wylde wah. I just didn't use them for this clip.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Looks 8)
I think I would redo the logo and make it black or maybe white.
If I could do it over I would have done the MOP logo. This abalone logo just does not look 100% right. Nothing I can do about it now. And for the most part I am happy with.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

dannyahansen wrote:
sytharnia wrote:
I have 2 Carvin Legacys (one with a Marshall 1960A and the other with the Carvin legacy 4x12) that have a dd7 running into the effects loop on both of them. In the front I have the new Waza Craft Boss Super Overdrive and a dd5 that splits, stereo. That way you get that big open delay sound that ping pongs back and forth.

I also have a super chorus , a whammy and a zakk wylde wah. I just didn't use them for this clip.
awesome .... I run wet/dry with 2 cabs for each amp but don't do a ping pong delay because I have the cabs together like a 4x12 (I run 4 1x12 cabs) so you don't really hear ping pong anyway...sound huge though
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

sytharnia wrote:
awesome .... I run wet/dry with 2 cabs for each amp but don't do a ping pong delay because I have the cabs together like a 4x12 (I run 4 1x12 cabs) so you don't really hear ping pong anyway...sound huge though
That is one way to do it. I have done that too. Sounds good.