Jason Becker -Not dead yet

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Jason Becker -Not dead yet

Post by mojopin70 »

Hi Ive just seen this film about Jason Becker.

What a talent , an incredible and tragic story . There is an upload for the movie here : http://www.nowvideo.sx/video/p5ntlx7gm4s87

I would recommend this to any fan of guitar music.

Jason was just like Randy a huge fan of classical music......i wonder.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Jason Becker -Not dead yet

Post by Tito »

he still alive mojo?hes always reminded me of Eric Carr as far as his attitude..seems like such a sweet guy!
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Tito wrote:he still alive mojo?hes always reminded me of Eric Carr as far as his attitude..seems like such a sweet guy!

Hey Tito yes hes still alive , follow that link to his film such talent and courage :)
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i will.i took the lazy way out and asked before checkin the link..ill check it iin the morning thanks brother.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Thanks for posting. He's fortunate to have such a loving and creative network of friends and family around him. What an incredible talent and what an amazing human being... I don't know how he's kept his wicked sense of humour but I'm glad that he did. The film is very moving!
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I believe it's Carvin who'll be releasing a Jason Becker guitar this year to be introduced in a couple weeks at NAMM...

Coolest looking guitar ever!

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

There are a few companies right now that offer JB sig guitars. Carvin has one and Paradise guitars is the other company that offer a sig guitar.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/jb200c

I guess Paradise closed it's doors recently. They made one with the colored numbers for the fret markers.

I am a huge fan of JB. I remember hearing about him in 2001 and didn't think a 2nd thought about him. I heard he played with Marty Friedman prior to Megadeth. The main reason I didn't even consider listening was because I had never heard of him and I had heard of Marty at that time and figured that Jason was not even nearly as good as Marty. So my faulty assumption cost me not learning of Jason til 8 years later. And I was surprised that Jason is better in almost every way than Jason at playing. Not to take away anything from Marty though. He is a bad ass player.

JB story is similar to RR. The biggest difference is that JB is still here and he has done amazing things with his life. He truly is an inspiration. In fact I would dare say that I probably would have put my guitar down had I not discovered him.

I need to check out this video. I still have not seen it.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Man, that 'numbers' guitar looks like a toy :lol:
I liked his blue Carvin better :)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Some talent playing that guitar with gloves on.....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

becker.JPG
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
becker.JPG
I will take one of those. I actually like it and think it would be good for my kids to learn on.