Bobs book??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Re: Bobs book??

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Will Bob's book ever be available for the Kindle?
Have you had a chance to read the book yet, Paul?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Not yet... too lazy to wait for a standard delivery, that's why it'd be cool to have it for the Kindle.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

It will be available as an eBook at some point this year but it won't be on Kindle because we want the colour photos to remain in colour.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Sky wrote:
It will be available as an eBook at some point this year but it won't be on Kindle because we want the colour photos to remain in colour.
On Kobo perhaps?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Sky wrote:
On Kobo perhaps?
Aren't Kobo b/w readers too?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Yes and no, Sky. You can get Kobo ereaders that are just b/w, but you can also get ones that are color. I have a color one. They are very similar to the Kindle Fire ereaders, which is why I asked. It would be great to have Bob's book on an ereader.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Yes and no, Sky. You can get Kobo ereaders that are just b/w, but you can also get ones that are color. I have a color one. They are very similar to the Kindle Fire ereaders, which is why I asked. It would be great to have Bob's book on an ereader.
Thanks, I'll pass that information on. I think the idea is to eventually have it available on as many colour platforms as possible.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Sky wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Yes and no, Sky. You can get Kobo ereaders that are just b/w, but you can also get ones that are color. I have a color one. They are very similar to the Kindle Fire ereaders, which is why I asked. It would be great to have Bob's book on an ereader.
Thanks, I'll pass that information on. I think the idea is to eventually have it available on as many colour platforms as possible.

Personally I'd love it as an audio book but I know that's a whole other beast.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

orion_damage wrote:
Sky wrote:

Personally I'd love it as an audio book but I know that's a whole other beast.
Yeah, I'd like that too and I think it's worth considering.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've got the Kindle Fire which does color - it's basically a tablet, not an ereader per se.... that's why I was wondering.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

The Kindle and the Kobo could no doubt handle the book. It would be nice to have it on the Kindle app, which you can also get on the Kobo.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:The Kindle and the Kobo could no doubt handle the book. It would be nice to have it on the Kindle app, which you can also get on the Kobo.
Thanks again, I'll pass that info on as well.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Troy, thanks for your help with this.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

The book was fantastic, sky did a great job edited it, what a career Bob has had and I was impressed with his loyalty to Ozzy, despite the antics of Sharon, which are completely embarrassing..Hard to believe that Karma hasn't messed with her yet..but it's coming!
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

devorerd wrote:The book was fantastic, sky did a great job edited it, what a career Bob has had and I was impressed with his loyalty to Ozzy, despite the antics of Sharon, which are completely embarrassing..Hard to believe that Karma hasn't messed with her yet..but it's coming!
Thank you, it's nice of you to say that I did a great job, but you might not think that if you could see what I cut :D