Is this Randy's tour bus? (says its willie nelson's from fl)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Is this Randy's tour bus? (says its willie nelson's from fl)

Post by mojopin70 »

"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
TAB
Madman

Re: Is this Randy's tour bus? (says its willie nelson's from

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here is a good shot of the Ozzy bus to compare...
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

That's one of my comments on the page that you linked. My comment is listed under "Canuck". The fellow above, "Phineas", was the first to post a comment about RR, but I responded to it also.

Funny how how so many country fans are also metalheads, huh?

That being said, I think it may be a different bus. It would be interesting to find out if it was though, wouldn't it?
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

bus.jpg
RandyOzzyBus.jpg
A few of the bus

The top one from Leesburg. You can see the damage.

The bottom one probably from the US Blizzard Tour.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I haven't read this entire thread but if this is supposed to be willie nelsons most recent bus 'the red headed stranger' I believe all his busses are named, he does change them relatively regularly and I suspect he has much newer busses.
As far as I aware he buys his busses new and they are custom fitted, I think he practically lives on them while he is touring and even own 2 busses in Europe ready for when he needs them there, based in the Czech Republic.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Could be a different bus by the same brand, but damn it looks close.
illiterate bastard

Post by illiterate bastard »

Randy died in 82... The ad says this bus is an 83, so unless there is some weird time warpin' going on here... I'm guessing not the same.
Want to own a piece of country music history? Well you can if you have at least $65,000 to get in on the bidding of a 1983 Eagle Greyhound-sized tour bus originally owned by Willie Nelson up for sale right now on the East Texas portion of Craigslist.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

illiterate bastard wrote:Randy died in 82... The ad says this bus is an 83, so unless there is some weird time warpin' going on here... I'm guessing not the same.
Want to own a piece of country music history? Well you can if you have at least $65,000 to get in on the bidding of a 1983 Eagle Greyhound-sized tour bus originally owned by Willie Nelson up for sale right now on the East Texas portion of Craigslist.
Good point but if its not the same bus it must be from the same " fleet" or model. I'm sure Randy's was an ex willie Nelson bus too.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Check this link (with video) out from Rolling Stone. It gives you a good idea of what the tour bus would have been like. Of course, this is Willie Nelson's old bus, but it's interesting to see the inside of one of these busses in detail:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/video ... s-20141126
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Check this link (with video) out from Rolling Stone. It gives you a good idea of what the tour bus would have been like. Of course, this is Willie Nelson's old bus, but it's interesting to see the inside of one of these busses in detail:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/video ... s-20141126

Cool , actually i think Rudy Sarzo says something in his book about their bus at the time and Willie Nelson ill go and have a look. The back room was Sharon and Ozzy's i think, the rest of the band had those bunks in the middle section by the toilet from the stuff i have read.....