Phoenix Bros Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by Shockwave »

What show is the brothers footage from again? Are there any boots from that show? It just serve us right that we probably get the best rhoads footage and then there is no audio lol
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Shockwave wrote:What show is the brothers footage from again? Are there any boots from that show? It just serve us right that we probably get the best rhoads footage and then there is no audio lol

Can't recall the show but I would be thrilled just to be able to watch him play the Spotlight solo.

Of course we shouldn't put any weight in any chance of seeing Rhoads footage come out from a private collector. If something comes than great but if not, well that's just how it is.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I think its from arizona..
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Tito wrote:I think its from arizona..
That was my recollection too. And the only boot we have from that show has terrible sound. It is one of the harder to listen to boots.

You know these guys that have the footage should just You tube it. They lost their chance to get money for it. And if they use the "We have something cool no one else does" logic, then good for them. They have something that not many people even care about. It really is a power trip. I doubt we will see it.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

dannyahansen wrote:
Tito wrote:I think its from arizona..
That was my recollection too. And the only boot we have from that show has terrible sound. It is one of the harder to listen to boots.

You know these guys that have the footage should just You tube it. They lost their chance to get money for it. And if they use the "We have something cool no one else does" logic, then good for them. They have something that not many people even care about. It really is a power trip. I doubt we will see it.
I assume it's the one from Tempe?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=690
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

dannyahansen wrote:You know these guys that have the footage should just You tube it. They lost their chance to get money for it. And if they use the "We have something cool no one else does" logic, then good for them. They have something that not many people even care about. It really is a power trip. I doubt we will see it.
Couldn't agree more.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

googly moogly
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I would absolutely love to see the footage but on the same token I won't lose sleep. Anyone who starts to get a bit obsessed needs to just YouTube 'Randy Rhoads live' and the amount of Quiet Riot, After Hours and the boxset stuff should keep you in check. Seriously, if you stop for a second you'll see the Quiet Riot footage kicks serious ass.
WizardOfOzz

Post by WizardOfOzz »

Was that the only show they filmed? Did they film a Blizzard show as well or just the Arizona show? I love seeing the stills but it kills me at the same time.. I can only imagine what the footage looks like..
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

TAB wrote:They lost their chance to get money for it is because they never wanted to sell it in the 1st place. fact. Sadly I don't think no one ever see it also. Fyi they played the Blizzard show in Tempe but the Diary show was Phx. It came out somewhere that Don Airey recorded all the live shows so he may have audio of all Diary concerts. Imagine hearing those :?:
What a waste....
Do you know why they don't want to sell/publice it?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Yeah some of the Blizzard show in Tempe was filmed on bits of a few songs, I could tell he was playing suicide solution on one and steal away. I know the bashing is going to start again everytime this thread revives but would be nice if they had a change of heart I completely agree. I would ask people to refrain a bit please.

Recently I talked to a professional photographer that took photos for Sharon at some Blizzard shows. He said right after the show ended she confiscated all his photos from the camera. He met up with her and the band again at Cow Palace Diary show at a pre dinner and she didnt' allow him to take photos. So that was just photos and were contracted by her to take for a particular concert, you can just imagine how tough video would have been and not allowed. That is another reason why not much video exists of Randy because of her. Though other managements used to have this policy as well but she strictly enforced it. Another was KISS..Many tickets including mine said no cameras or recorders and may be a reason why I never took a camera. So the people that did film or take photos wanted to keep them hidden for all these years and still want to hide them. That is another reason I think now new live photos are finally popping up on FB pages. Now that time has passed I dont know on copyright laws ending. Though Sharon is still very wicked and may have more power now than ever.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Personally I think people feel Sharon has so much money now that she won't pursue things like she used to. She's greed incarnate, but RR material won't bring much money, so it's not worth her time.

Sure there are 10 people on this forum who'd pay a lot for RR stuff, but that's pretty much the extent of it.

Ultimately, Sharon and her asshole father were/are greedy, power hungry cretins. Sorry for the swearing, but that's life. Sharon wouldn't have married Ozzy had she not seen him as a cash cow, in my opinion.

I doubt anything footage-wise will ever surface. Not because of Sharon, but because there isn't much of a market.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I agree with that paul..randy is gonna stay like buddy holly.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sadly I have seen randys fan base shrink, and time is the biggest factor! I agree with Paul too, his popularity is neglagable despite his huge talent and nobody is able to take his still visible genius to the masses.
I still believe that randys legacy was managed very badly and the strict overseeing of his official persona just allowed people to wander away bored and unfulfilled.
I think all that kept him alive were the live recording and when it was clear they had dried up people focused hope on video and studio outakes.

Many have just grown older and all they cherish about randy remained the same, but for them along came a partner, house and kids so that dried up unfed love of randy was forgotten."
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.