Lee Kerslake talks Ozzy, Randy Rhoads and why he can't forgi

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

devorerd
Cool Member

Lee Kerslake talks Ozzy, Randy Rhoads and why he can't forgi

Post by devorerd »

Nothing super new here..Just came across this.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/le ... ron-605938
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Lee Kerslake talks Ozzy, Randy Rhoads and why he can't f

Post by sytharnia »

interesting read...I wonder how different the writing songs part might have read in 1979/80 as they were doing it
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Poor lee :(

If really show how much Sharon really liked money
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think Lee's facts are lost about the length of the tour in 1980 33 dates and he said " i think 8-9 days ? ". He was fucked over big time when you think how much the O's have made from those albums.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Shrewd business is one think, but that whole lawsuit scenario is just plain mean hearted..The guy did the work as an Artist, compensate him accordingly..
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

devorerd wrote:Shrewd business is one think, but that whole lawsuit scenario is just plain mean hearted..The guy did the work as an Artist, compensate him accordingly..
In a band called " The Blizzard of Oz" even Jake e Lee called the band Blizzard of Oz in his latest interview because that's what it was-Lee has not been credited on the second album, or paid, or received his RIAA or BPI certifications to this day!

And the credits for Diary of a Madman are still printed incorrectly with the wrong band members in the sleeve photo! How fucked up is that?

I have to say though i always thought the album photo/artwork was tacky and ridiculous . The music makes up for how shit the artwork is. I thought the Blizzard artwork photos were better.

Every known artist ever recognized has been awarded and granted this basic right as a musician, Lee hasn't.

How would you feel if it were you would you then tell me that the whole lawsuit scenario is mean?

The guy hasn't been paid and has been denied his awards.

As for Bob the only reason he received RIAA and BPI awards is because he went back to work for them. He still hasnt been paid his performance royalties and neither has Lee.

And this is happened because Sharon has no consideration or respect for people.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

What I met was why should Lee even have to file a lawsuit...and Sharon having it thrown out on a technicality? That was mean hearted, just pay the man for his work.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

devorerd wrote:What I met was why should Lee even have to file a lawsuit...and Sharon having it thrown out on a technicality? That was mean hearted, just pay the man for his work.
I see what you mean now, Yes exactly. She hasn't paid him or given him his awards out of pure spite. Just because she could and also because she didn't see " eye to eye" with Lee, or from what im told she felt in someway threatened by Lee. The thing is everything ive read and heard about Lee Kerslake is that he is a genuinely lovely guy, with a good heart.

I think this is something to remember , when Lee and Bob were fired, Randy told Lee he would leave too because he didn't want to leave them behind and Lee was the one who said to Randy " don't be stupid" and to carry on in the band.

I think that shows the character of Lee Kerslake, also something else to remember SHaron made out that Randy was " Bullied" by Bob and Lee.

Hardly.....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.