Randy and Paul Gilbert

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Randy and Paul Gilbert

Post by mojopin70 »

Very cool photo a young Paul Gilbert top left corner. It looks like the same clothes Randy was wearing at the guitar seminar he gave so i guess it was from this?
Attachments
1536549_709924905760932_8483402919176004546_n.jpg
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy and Paul Gilbert

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Cool thats definitely Gilbert in the photo ive met him a few times nice bloke.......
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Paul Gilbert is a thoroughly nice bloke and I know that at one point, Paul actually read this website. He specifically e-mailed me about getting hold of some of the bootlegs at the time where you had to have made a couple of posts before you could.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

skezza wrote:Paul Gilbert is a thoroughly nice bloke and I know that at one point, Paul actually read this website. He specifically e-mailed me about getting hold of some of the bootlegs at the time where you had to have made a couple of posts before you could.
Interesting, I did not know that. Overall, I am a huge fan of Paul. I think he is simple great, great at playing, great at teaching, and he seems really quite nice.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Yeah, Paul really knows how to make teaching fun :)
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

skezza wrote:Paul Gilbert is a thoroughly nice bloke and I know that at one point, Paul actually read this website. He specifically e-mailed me about getting hold of some of the bootlegs at the time where you had to have made a couple of posts before you could.

Nice one, i remember meeting him around 1991 when he was in Mr Big he gave me his pick and i remember that he quite liked my school friend who took us to the show he gave her his home address and number! But he was far from the typical rock star ego type a real lovely bloke.Billy Sheehan however.....

p.s ive just remembered something from all those years ago, he told me to check out "Pat Travers" i remember him going on about that and i was thinking who the f is Pat Travers!