New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Nick
Cool Member

Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Post by Nick »

I will ask bob later today it sounds like a lot of people are up for that preorder option
And putting in that soundboard tape when you preorder would be a nice little treat

Since it's not south Hampton it sounds like a early tape
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Nice, definitely up for a pre-order!
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Nick wrote:I will ask bob later today it sounds like a lot of people are up for that preorder option
And putting in that soundboard tape when you preorder would be a nice little treat

Since it's not south Hampton it sounds like a early tape

Whether the pre-order option happens will be decided by the people who release the tapes, not Bob, but nothing is going to happen this side of Christmas. I'm sure that Bob will tell you the same thing.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I'd rather people not bother Bob too much. He knows fans want the Grail. He will make it available when things are ready.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

alborg wrote:I'd rather people not bother Bob too much. He knows fans want the Grail. He will make it available when things are ready.
Agreed... patience is a virtue.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Agreed... patience is a virtue.
sadly, that's something most Randy Rhoads fans don't have :lol:
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I wouldn't say most. I think there are a few very vocal minority that seem to ruin it for the rest of us. Anyway it only took about 2 or 3 people to ruin both boards.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

dannyahansen wrote:I wouldn't say most. I think there are a few very vocal minority that seem to ruin it for the rest of us. Anyway it only took about 2 or 3 people to ruin both boards.

True enough, but I also think that most Randy Rhoads topics have been discussed ad naseum, and there's not much left to discuss. It's difficult, to be sure.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:True enough, but I also think that most Randy Rhoads topics have been discussed ad naseum, and there's not much left to discuss. It's difficult, to be sure.
Agreed, but how do we keep the younger fans (who are just discovering Randy) if we aren't willing to discuss things over and over? That, to me, is how Randy's legacy will die - when we stop being willing to discuss him because we have gotten bored.

As you say, it's difficult.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul that's a valid point to remember and i'm happy to repeat myself or guide someone onto a thread explaining what they need to know. I remember a time when i came here and i asked questions and got to know more about the musician and the man RR.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:That, to me, is how Randy's legacy will die - when we stop being willing to discuss him because we have gotten bored.
Well, there isn't much there to keep the boredom away :x
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:True enough, but I also think that most Randy Rhoads topics have been discussed ad naseum, and there's not much left to discuss. It's difficult, to be sure.
Agreed, but how do we keep the younger fans (who are just discovering Randy) if we aren't willing to discuss things over and over? That, to me, is how Randy's legacy will die - when we stop being willing to discuss him because we have gotten bored.

As you say, it's difficult.
And I agree with what you've said. Sadly, however, the trend I've noticed with music is that many fans, younger AND older, are not wanting to seek out older music as much. Us diehards are still seeking older stuff out, but music is in such a sorry state in general right now that people are looking for undemanding, sound bite ready, shallow material. Few are willing to dig deeper when they find something they truly enjoy. I must say, that's something I respect about Rhoads fans; for all the drama, disappointment, and everything else, I think that fans are genuinely fans because of the music, and they're willing to go the extra mile to seek out new material and keep the "legacy" of his music alive. There's a few bad apples, as there always is, but for the most part, artistic integrity, creativity, and a recognition of what a talent Randy was draws people in.

There's no doubting that there will be Randy fans in the future, IMO, as the material, especially from BOO and DOAM is compelling, timeless, and extremely well written. Excellent music always tends to stick around in the pop culture psyche. It's just that it seems there's fewer people looking for this stuff these days. We are at the mercy of whatever gets released, if someone happens upon it, or by some fluke is persistent in getting it released. We are fortunate when this happens. Unfortunately, it seems like there's fewer of these people around these days as well.

I know people dislike Sharon Osbourne a lot, but even with the little bit of press she throws Randy's way occasionally, she, in her own small, probably inadvertent way, moves his legend forward. It's that sort of name-dropping that may lead to younger fans checking out Ozzy's, and by extension, Randy's, older material.

Believe me, I would like nothing more than to have newer stuff to discuss at length with people....it's just that I think that we've discussed every minute detail he so much, things are starting to trail off. I check here each day, and there's one or two posts, that's usually about it.

That being said, I'm still open to discussing old topics, if it helps keep things going.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I know people dislike Sharon Osbourne a lot, but even with the little bit of press she throws Randy's way occasionally, she, in her own small, probably inadvertent way, moves his legend forward. It's that sort of name-dropping that may lead to younger fans checking out Ozzy's, and by extension, Randy's, older material.
...and with them both gone, wether you like it or not, who will carry the torch?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Agreed... patience is a virtue.
sadly, that's something most Randy Rhoads fans don't have :lol:
+1
I think most had... but let it be 'patience' that has been challenged to the limit regarding RR fans instead of fans from most other artists... :lol:

But hang on!

:)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.