Progress on the Concorde!!!

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

devorerd
Cool Member

Re: Progress on the Concorde!!!

Post by devorerd »

Update on the Concorde....Clean tone is real sweet, creamy, mimics an acoustic (DOAM) , stays in tune really well, not that I bang on the bar that much, but regular usage, not issues. Funny, came stock with 10's like Randy and an extra pack as well...
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Some pics of the Concorde, stays in tune, great clean tone, fun to play, looks spectacular!...all for $1K
Attachments
IMG_1513.jpg
IMG_1512.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1509.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg
IMG_1507.jpg
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

the 1 thing its missing is the gold truss rod cover

looks good :)

I don't know if you can tell but is your inlays MOP I cant tell on mine
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

sure seems like they are, what could they substitute it with if they aren't?
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

a Hard plastic
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

I think it's the real deal
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

You can tell the difference from plastic vs real mother of pearl as the MOP has sorta reflective surface. While plastic does not have that mirror type smoothness to it. One of the pictures looks like it might be the real deal. It is hard to say from the pictures alone. Most of the other pictures make it look like a cellulose plastic was used.

Reflective is not really the right word. But it is a very smooth surface with no pores and the MOP has certain properties to it that plastic doesn't. If it doesn't look fake it isn't. That is the best rule of thumb.
Robthewild1

Post by Robthewild1 »

I just got my hands on a brass NOS bridge for my Chinese Concorde.

I feel like I remember Dino had a similar issue with his. But the block doesn't fit correctly, and I don't think the screw holes are going to match up too well either. I was wondering if anyone else ran into this, and if you had any tips about going about it? I know I'll have to take a router to it, but I'd definitely would love some tips. I messaged Dino the other day, but it seems he hasn't visited the forums in quite some time...kinda why I posted this here as well.
"I don't wanna stop here..." -Randy Rhoads
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Robthewild1 wrote:I just got my hands on a brass NOS bridge for my Chinese Concorde.

I feel like I remember Dino had a similar issue with his. But the block doesn't fit correctly, and I don't think the screw holes are going to match up too well either. I was wondering if anyone else ran into this, and if you had any tips about going about it? I know I'll have to take a router to it, but I'd definitely would love some tips. I messaged Dino the other day, but it seems he hasn't visited the forums in quite some time...kinda why I posted this here as well.

This will happen on any Chinese guitar because they are using their own metric system compaired to the Americans, like dingo you will have to rout a bigger trem block cavity, I would fill in the term screw holes with putty and re drill them. That the only way to make things work.

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago and they are just finishing up with the body, I am going to be completly overhauling mine with new locking tuners, new brass bridge( can't find a NOS Trem from charvel sooo) replacing the willkison pickups, pickup rings, replacing the jack with a CTS jack and pots, and lastly adding some Spargas caps to the volume and tone control pots
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Robthewild1 wrote:I just got my hands on a brass NOS bridge for my Chinese Concorde.

Sorry it's taken so long, but I just wanted to say that Dino sold his Concorde to me last year.

I can confirm that the bridge is off from the holes (like Nick said). Mine only has the 2 outside screws in. Funny enough, that's how Randy had his if memory serves. (Though, that was for a different reason)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Cryptic Night wrote:

Sorry it's taken so long, but I just wanted to say that Dino sold his Concorde to me last year.

I can confirm that the bridge is off from the holes (like Nick said). Mine only has the 2 outside screws in. Funny enough, that's how Randy had his if memory serves. (Though, that was for a different reason)

How is Dino's concord ??

I remember him posting a few pics of his but they were sadly taken down.

I don't remember if the 2 screws had any benefit in tuning stability or was it just for Looks??
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Oops, sorry haven't been keeping up with this.

It's great. Easily one of my favorite guitars. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play it for a few months (I moved away from home for a bit and couldn't fit it in my car), but when I did play it, it was great. I can't A/B the tuning stability, but supposedly, from how Randy had his set up, they help with tuning stability.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.