Progress on the Concorde!!!

Talk about musical equipment, guitars, drums, bass, synths anything.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: Progress on the Concorde!!!

Post by dannyahansen »

sytharnia wrote:I have found with sitting playing a V the best thing to do is have the strap on, shorten it so it just holds the guitar while its resting on your leg....the good thing about sitting playing a V is it puts the neck it the best position for your left hand playing wise. Most (me included) home guitarists when using strats/LP etc have the guitar on their right thigh which makes your body twist a little which adds tension to your arms, a V fixes that once you get use to sitting with one...its also where the guitar is when you are standing so that transition is easier to
I think that is why I like V's so much, because the angle is natural and I don't have to force anything. Most of my collection will be V's. I will have 3. Maybe you can say 4 because my Dean ML sits a lot like a V.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Yep, for sure, good deal and the Concorde just looks so cool! Very happy overall!
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

Where are these guitars made, Asia I'm guessing? I'm looking at getting a custom order guitar from them but like were you I'm not confident I'm going to get a quality guitar which is why I'm very interested in this thread and your experience. It sounds like a few of you here have had good experiences with them. Would you say that their stuff is high quality if you get it with upgrades components? Do they feel and play like something you would find at a mid-high end guitar, not at all like cheap Chinese guitars?
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

BowTie29 wrote:Where are these guitars made, Asia I'm guessing? I'm looking at getting a custom order guitar from them but like were you I'm not confident I'm going to get a quality guitar which is why I'm very interested in this thread and your experience. It sounds like a few of you here have had good experiences with them. Would you say that their stuff is high quality if you get it with upgrades components? Do they feel and play like something you would find at a mid-high end guitar, not at all like cheap Chinese guitars?
Well, it is a Chinese guitar. It is not going to play like a really nice high end guitar out of the box. I am sure there are things you are going to need to do. Set it up and maybe even level the frets. I recall some one else that bought one had to do that as well as replace the pots and switch. I mean these are all little things so it looks like it would be a fun project guitar. And in the end you would have a decent guitar that didn't cost a fortune and it would look really coo.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

So, I've continued to play the rarelectric concorde, no issues, plays really well, looks awesome...No adjustments necessary!
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

devorerd wrote:So, I've continued to play the rarelectric concorde, no issues, plays really well, looks awesome...No adjustments necessary!

Hey man this is Nick Hughes I have had to get a new account

I am very happy that you love your concord :)

Still getting that case or will that be a latter thing ?

If any body is on the fence or has any questions about the replicas at Rarelectric guitars PM me I have gotten 2 Concords from them 1 for a friend with no upgrades and another for general playing.
I will be getting another concord for display here by the end of this month

Devorerd did you post any up close and personal shots man I would love to see how
Yours turned out
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Hey Nick..nice to see you back....I'll take some pics this weekend and get them up...The more I play it the better it's getting, like any axe you get, it take a bit to acclimate!
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

I have another question. Is the MOP a faux MOP or is it real. It looks like it is plastic. I guess it wouldn't matter I could just put in Abalone block inlays. I am considering getting something like what you did here and get a real floyd and real duncans. I will probably replace the pots and the switch and the caps. I like the idea of getting this guitar and souping it up a bit. It would not cost a huge amount to get a decent guitar.
Dino

Post by Dino »

I bought the same guitar, only I chose to do all the upgrades myself.
I didn't want to pay more for "upgrades" only to find that they used junk.
The guitar was little more than a wall hanger when I got it, but it had a lot of potential.
The hardware and electronics were pure garbage, as I expected. So all of that went right in the trash. There were a few high frets so I had to level and dress them but other than that, the overall construction was pretty decent. The only other thing I had to do was open up the trem cavity a little to accept the larger Charvel brass trem block

I replaced EVERYTHING on the guitar and added the following ...
* Charvel brass vintage trem
* Charvel brass knobs
* Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz pickups
* All new wiring
* Switchcraft toggle
* Schaller Tuners
* Bournes pots and Sprague caps
* And a custom brass trem cover plate

Once all the mods were complete and I gave it a good setup, the guitar played and sounded awesome. Stays in tune better than most of my other "high end" guitars with trems. I'm very happy with it.

sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

so with all the upgrades what has it cost you all up??
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

dannyahansen wrote:I have another question. Is the MOP a faux MOP or is it real. It looks like it is plastic. I guess it wouldn't matter I could just put in Abalone block inlays. I am considering getting something like what you did here and get a real floyd and real duncans. I will probably replace the pots and the switch and the caps. I like the idea of getting this guitar and souping it up a bit. It would not cost a huge amount to get a decent guitar.

To be honest I have now idea if it's real mother of pearl

Ask Dino he knows more about it than me
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

What do the spargus caps wired to the pots do?

I have searched around for a answer but everybody says something diffrent?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Nick wrote:What do the spargus caps wired to the pots do?
tone controls ;)
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

devorerd wrote:Hey Nick..nice to see you back....I'll take some pics this weekend and get them up...The more I play it the better it's getting, like any axe you get, it take a bit to acclimate!

Where are the pics man

Did you fall into a black hole 0_o
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Sorry, 7 month old has over taken the house..I get to Jam this afternoon, pics today for sure!