New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito wrote:Good point but imagine if there was video of randy giving a student a lesson..would you rather "see it",or "hear it"?
Okay, maybe that would be cool to see... still, I'd rather hear the writing process for Blizzard than see a video I won't watch more than once or twice anyway...
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Ah i got you..cool.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Shockwave wrote:Bob has been very quiet on his site the last 2 months. Maybe he is trying to avoid posting anymore Negative comments towards the osbournes while replying to people's questions...could be thAt something is in the works between the two sides to get this released.

No mate Bob`s really busy with some other projects at the moment and Sky too, theres loads going on......its all on track though :P
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

I honestly didn't expected this topic to blow up like it did:)

In case everybody didn't know I have had problems logging in and registering for new accounts but I am back

For the people who don't know I am Nick Hughes/Randy will never die

So how much would all of you pay for the grail in its entirety (7 hours)
$50? $100? $150? $200?

How long would it last you personally ?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

$199 tops

But i expect it to be $149...

The price of torrenting is free ...but something like this i would pay for.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Shockwave wrote:$199 tops

Agreed. $149 would be reasonable, given the material. It's a bit more than what lots of people would be willing to pay, but fans would no doubt shell out for it, and really, that's who this release would be aimed squarely at.

I would hate to see this get torrented; what people fail to see is that by torrenting stuff like this, it discourages the people that release this material (in this case, Bob) from releasing anything else.

I'm more than happy to pay for the legit physical product and support Bob.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:

Agreed. $149 would be reasonable, given the material. It's a bit more than what lots of people would be willing to pay, but fans would no doubt shell out for it, and really, that's who this release would be aimed squarely at.

I would hate to see this get torrented; what people fail to see is that by torrenting stuff like this, it discourages the people that release this material (in this case, Bob) from releasing anything else.

That is why I believe the best thing would be if Bob does some sort of pre-order to get the numbers up... Maybe 6 weeks or so before release? Possibly throw in a bonus CD-R copy of a soundboard show to those who order without "officially" mentioning it? I'll pay whatever the cost is for these.
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

alborg wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:

That is why I believe the best thing would be if Bob does some sort of pre-order to get the numbers up... Maybe 6 weeks or so before release? Possibly throw in a bonus CD-R copy of a soundboard show to those who order without "officially" mentioning it? I'll pay whatever the cost is for these.
that's a great idea

:D
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

alborg wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:

Cool idea. Knowing how many people would buy this would be helpful.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

from the little bit we have heard I would only really pay $75 or so .... If it is going to be $150+ I think bob will severely reduce sales possibilities to what I think is a small market already
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Cool idea. Knowing how many people would buy this would be helpful.
Maybe somebody should make a poll here to find out how many of our members would buy... maybe add a MSRP as a guideline...
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

149 is a bit much. even 75 dollars is a lot but that is probably the most I would be willing to go. But who knows, I could spend more depending on what all is released.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

He is most likely hopeing for a release or preorder starting on next years anniversary I imagine.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

No need for an anniversary for me. Just release them when everything is ready & Bob is OK with it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

alborg wrote:No need for an anniversary for me. Just release them when everything is ready & Bob is OK with it.
Amen to that