New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: New info on Bobs Grail tapes

Post by Shockwave »

Bob has been very quiet on his site the last 2 months. Maybe he is trying to avoid posting anymore Negative comments towards the osbournes while replying to people's questions...could be thAt something is in the works between the two sides to get this released.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Shockwave wrote:Bob has been very quiet on his site the last 2 months. Maybe he is trying to avoid posting anymore Negative comments towards the osbournes while replying to people's questions...could be thAt something is in the works between the two sides to get this released.
I don't see that ever happening. If the tapes ever come out it will be due to Bob's work & on his terms. After reading his book I believe all bridges have been burnt & rightfully so after how he & Lee have been unfairly treated.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

alborg wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Bob has been very quiet on his site the last 2 months. Maybe he is trying to avoid posting anymore Negative comments towards the osbournes while replying to people's questions...could be thAt something is in the works between the two sides to get this released.
I don't see that ever happening. If the tapes ever come out it will be due to Bob's work & on his terms. After reading his book I believe all bridges have been burnt & rightfully so after how he & Lee have been unfairly treated.

I don't think it will be released then...If it does without there permission then he is taking a chance of doing all this and then being sued/all sales halted once the Osbournes get word of it. The only way i see him releasing it without there permission is if he removes all songs that were on Blizzard/Diary and anything with Ozzy's voice on it. So what would we be guaranteed to get? Jam sessions without Ozzy...Sure that would be good enough for me no doubt as long as it was a hour or two's worth.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out though...Imagine if they did come to some sort of agreement. This would then open up possibilities of a Southhampton release, or pro shot video release from the 80 Blizzard Tour if one did exist.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

news headline "bob daisleys house robbed, grail tapes among the stolen items" .... 2 weeks later they are all over you tube and the net = nothing sharon can do :fish: :mrgreen:
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Never going to happen like that Sytharnia............
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

From the email that bob sent me it sounds like he is gearing up for a release of some sort next year

Don't be negative think positive about this
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hey if it happens it'll happen ....very much like Bob's book it took it's time to get to the fans and we appreciated it when it was out...It's like anything connected to Randy, it either disappears into the ether or it eventually comes out. Just be patient and cool and lets see what happens.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Nick Hughes wrote:Don't be negative think positive about this
I prefer to be realistic though ;) 8)
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Bob's book is great!!! I hope he'll find the way to release, at least- some of those Blizzard-gems!!! :wink:
Mikel
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

This is just such a shame the whole thing has been handled and gone down.want and actually In reality this day & age as far arias profits go, with file sharing and distribution of products of this nature... in reality ifre are 7 hours of material of this nature the amounts of fans that will buy and listen to 7 hrs more than once aren't as. Large as you may think..Honestly the Blizzard Demos alt mixes and live cuts would be the demand.Bobs best bet was what he approached Sharon with for a small royalty on the anniversary edition which she shot down .Its a shame that the material is out there....(I mean wernt Bobs tapes originally transfered by Dakota) to digital in the first place. It would be something to see something surface that way......I dunno I'm one whonwhould buy and repeatedly listen to all 7 hrs but in the big picture I just don't see this happening politely without some miracle. Thinking of that,I Really would Love to see the rest of that HQ E.T footage, have we forgotten that?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Dave dont get sidetracked..lets hope bobs tapes get released then we can keep hoping on new footage of E.T etc..one thing at a time brother :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Music is an auditory thing, I'd rather hear Randy play than see footage any day.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Good point but imagine if there was video of randy giving a student a lesson..would you rather "see it",or "hear it"?