Frenso - 2 January 1982 Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TAB
Madman

Re: Frenso - 2 January 1982 Footage

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Tab, your right of course the guy or anyone else that may have concert footage can do whatever they like with it. I'm not saying the guy should or must upload it just because folks like myself would love to see it. He did go to a lot of trouble to film and edit what he has and build a collection. I'm just saying there is a reason people don't upload their stuff. My guess is the reasons I stated before.

I am not one of these give me something for free people. I bought the box set! I was somewhat disappointed in it in terms of new footage. But I would buy again just for the cleaned up After Hours footage. I would upload RR or any other footage though if I had it, but that's because I know how bad RR fans would love to see it.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

TAB wrote:I understand where your comin from, you could be right, maybe it's cause of ego and rotten human beings. I dont know him and not going to judge too fast, it's possible but there may be other circumstances involved we dont know. Same goes for others holding back anything. I am hoping for better days for all us RR fans we all will get to see incredible live up close Randy and we can put all this to rest.

I wasn't disappointed with the box set or with crappy quality RR footage. I loved the New Mex footage, yea too much Tommy and Rudy and Randy is out of focus and the camera goes off of him in the solo but it's something. Just when he comes walking out there with the pinstripe at the Diary into does it for me, brings back memories of seeing him. Same for Palladium, we see shakin hips Rudy all the time but I would buy it again. I just went back and looked at my Rosemont Horizon Footage the versions I have and forgot how great they are even with the blurbs.
Good post here, TAB. we DON'T know all the circumstances behind this, and we're just speculating.

And yeah, while it sucks that we get fifty hours of Rudy's uber-cheesy stage moves, it's still nice to have snippets of Randy in there nonetheless. In an ideal world, we'd have a ton of footage of him, pro shot and with a ton of close ups, fades, etc, but that's not the case. In our case, beggars can't be choosers! I'll take what I can get, Randy footage wise.

Again, though, I refuse to believe there isn't more footage out there. It just does not stand to reason that NO ONE in all the shows that the BOO band did, didn't think to record them. Look at all the photos that have surfaced.....if someone was bold enough to take pictures, there's certainly folks that would be bold enough to get footage. It's a reasonable assumption.