Site Admin
Site Admin

Hammersmith Odeon Rare Photos

Post by skezza »

Thanks to Shaun and Fozzy for these photos:

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Nice! :D
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

What date was that gig? Was it the first one they had, or am I wrong here?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tommy i'm sure this was the later date 26/10/80 as ive seen photos by Robert Ellis from the September show and Randy is wearing his polkadot waistcoat.Hope this is of help!!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yes I also think this was the second Hammersmith date, the first date in September Ozzy was wearing a dark colourd tassled top, not the red one above.
CROWLEY

Post by CROWLEY »

Nice pics there! Thanks for posting them 8)
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

These interesting photos are also from the hammersmith. thanks to fozzy and shaun for these 8)
Last edited by skezza on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've never seen those Randy photos before now,is it just me or have these been seen before, but i have seen a few of the Ozzy photos .Does anyone know who took these i thought it was a photographer called Dick Wallis but i may be wrong..

Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Hammersmith Photos

Post by Fozzy41 »

Me and Shaun have discussed these photo's quite a bit and we cannot find out who took them. I bought them back in late1980/early81 from an advert in Sounds magazine but it's too far back for me to remember who from. I'd love to find out as the photographer could well have many more from the same concert. Some very similar ones have appeared in mgazines over the years, taken by Ross Halfin, but were sure Ross never took these.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy i may have a clue into who took these,i believe that one of them is in the Ozzy HM photo book the one with Ozzy with his arms raised and Randy is to his right looking at the photo. (i didn't post it as the quality isn't that good) Well all the photographers who had photos published in that book are featured on the inside cover.I've narrowed it down to two its either Fin Costello or Paul Cox.I'd go for the lata as i've seen photos by Fin and non of these have been mentioned but he was at both Hammersmith shows.The only thing is i cannot see the connection with him advertising the photos in Sounds.The only people who i have listed as selling Ozzy photos from 1980 are Pete Still and Dick Wallis.I've contacted Pete and he says he has no pics from 1980 but he advertised in early 1981 in Kerrang and Sounds ?? he says he only has photos of Ozzy from 1984.You know the score with Dick Wallis who i cannot get in touch with...If anyone can put a name to these photos please help.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skezza wrote:Image
I think that the above photo is really rare i have never seen this photo in any magazines or gallerys.Plus its a really cool shot of Randy. If anyone has seen this photo before could you let me know cheers...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Somehow that pic looks very familiar.
First I thought it had appeared in "Original Randy Rhoads" by Wollf Marshall. I checked it and found a pic (page 5) where he had that same face, but it's obvious a very different pic.
So it could be very well a new one!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
mj_patrick

Post by mj_patrick »

These are great, haven't seen a lot of photos when Daisley/Kerslake were in the band. Thanks for posting these.
evoleye

Post by evoleye »

Wow! Never seen these before, thanks for posting them!
btw Im new here.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Fozzy i may have a clue into who took these,i believe that one of them is in the Ozzy HM photo book the one with Ozzy with his arms raised and Randy is to his right looking at the photo. (i didn't post it as the quality isn't that good) Well all the photographers who had photos published in that book are featured on the inside cover.I've narrowed it down to two its either Fin Costello or Paul Cox...If anyone can put a name to these photos please help.
This is a better clear shot of the one i mentioned earlier can no one put a photographer to the pic ??