The girl Randy was in love with.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfan4eveRR

Re: The girl Randy was in love with.....

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

Although it's been documented that Randy was seeing JoJo Laine, I cannot help but think that Jodi indeed was his love. Also, he was merely 25 at the time of his passing, and I'm not so sure that a man at that young age would be ready to settle down.

Especially to try to settle down with a woman as "experienced" as JoJo was, no offense & RIP, I get the gut feeling that Randy's personality was more inclined to seek out a woman that he was completely compatible with- and maybe JoJo was like a challenge?

That's just my opinion, I just hope that Randy got to enjoy as much love & affection as he could in the short time we had him here on Earth with us.
I don't have a short attention span I
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Randy met Jo Jo while he was with Rudy & Tommy... Bob was long gone by the time Rudy & Tommy were around... Bob never spoke to Randy after he left Ozzy's band... Tommy was the one interested in Jo Jo, Jo Jo only had eyes for Randy... Randy was a kid and a hot woman showed an interest in him... Randy followed his instincts and his heart won out... big fucking deal.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Randy met Jo Jo while he was with Rudy & Tommy... Bob was long gone by the time Rudy & Tommy were around... Bob never spoke to Randy after he left Ozzy's band... Tommy was the one interested in Jo Jo, Jo Jo only had eyes for Randy... Randy was a kid and a hot woman showed an interest in him... Randy followed his instincts and his heart won out... big fucking deal.
Paul, once again you bring Bob Daisley's name into this thread, how many times do I have to tell you that this sort of trivia would be of NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER to him and NOTHING that I posted about Jo Jo came from Bob Daisley.
If you think that he's he only musician who I know as a friend, or that he's the only well-known artist that I've worked with, you'd be very much mistaken.
This thread was about Jo Jo, and because I remembered that she had an interesting but tragic life and that she was always spoken of kindly by those who knew her, except for Linda McCartney, and because she was still involved with Randy in the months leading up to his death, I posted what I knew... IMO Jo Jo's life would make a good movie.
Talking of which, Paul, seeing as you diverted this thread before and asked me, here's a link that will answer your question about the RR documentary and why Bob didn't keep his experience to himself, as you apparently think he should...
http://www.bobdaisley.com/news/randy-rh ... speaks-out
It's old news to most of us but you seem determined to bring Bob's name into this thread until you get your answer.
Now can we move on?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Troy, I'll post as I see fit whenever I see fit and I expect you'll do the same.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Troy, I'll post as I see fit whenever I see fit and I expect you'll do the same.

You can count on it Paul. :)
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

man threads get confusing when posts are removed :?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Randy met Jo Jo while he was with Rudy & Tommy... Bob was long gone by the time Rudy & Tommy were around... Bob never spoke to Randy after he left Ozzy's band... Tommy was the one interested in Jo Jo, Jo Jo only had eyes for Randy... Randy was a kid and a hot woman showed an interest in him... Randy followed his instincts and his heart won out... big fucking deal.

It was a big deal to Randy Rhoads .....
Last edited by mojopin70 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:Although it's been documented that Randy was seeing JoJo Laine, I cannot help but think that Jodi indeed was his love. Also, he was merely 25 at the time of his passing, and I'm not so sure that a man at that young age would be ready to settle down.

Especially to try to settle down with a woman as "experienced" as JoJo was, no offense & RIP, I get the gut feeling that Randy's personality was more inclined to seek out a woman that he was completely compatible with- and maybe JoJo was like a challenge?

That's just my opinion, I just hope that Randy got to enjoy as much love & affection as he could in the short time we had him here on Earth with us.
Thats the thing though, there are always two sides to every story. Knowing what i know now its very clear that the story we were told and led to believe was not completely true. He was also deeply in love with Jo Jo Laine and thats a fact......

Didnt Jodi Raskin sleep with super fan Peter Margolis once she thought he was going to hit the big time with the documentary and book ? I heard that she was a bit of a gold digger and slept her way through a few rock musicians before she got to Randy Rhoads, i do find that interesting , there are definitely signs of wanting to entrap successful /famous men to get to the "top". She seems to fit that bill.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

I think randy loved bob..
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

mojopin70 wrote:
RRfan4eveRR wrote:Although it's been documented that Randy was seeing JoJo Laine, I cannot help but think that Jodi indeed was his love. Also, he was merely 25 at the time of his passing, and I'm not so sure that a man at that young age would be ready to settle down.

Thats the thing though, there are always two sides to every story. Knowing what i know now its very clear that the story we were told and led to believe was not completely true. He was also deeply in love with Jo Jo Laine and thats a fact......

Didnt Jodi Raskin sleep with super fan Peter Margolis once she thought he was going to hit the big time with the documentary and book ? I heard that she was a bit of a gold digger and slept her way through a few rock musicians before she got to Randy Rhoads, i do find that interesting , there are definitely signs of wanting to entrap successful /famous men to get to the "top". She seems to fit that bill.
If that's the case, I damn sure don't know who she married or what band he belonged to.

*insert random Jewish joke here if you'd like

I don't think she dug up all that much gold, considering she was with Randy when he was 'broke' but I very well be wrong. Just as Randy could've been in love with JoJo, he obviously kept close to Jodi.
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

I forgot to ask my last post where you came upon the information that Randy was cuckoo for JoJo? What evidence is there, i.e. letters, photos, etc
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

sytharnia wrote:man threads get confusing when posts are removed :?
+ 1 yeah my statement looks very alone and i love how this rumour of Jodi sleeping with Peter Margolis is now a fact. Well according to Nick it must be true....Come on then where did that info leak from, when did this happen and why would she go with this guy when she is in a happy relationship with a very good looking guy...Pure speculation and factual to the core :roll:
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

I'm just wondering what evidence there is that Randy was in love with her, aside from a dead woman's then 8 year old daughter's recollection. No offense & RIP, however the allegation that Jodi is/was a "gold digger" doesn't substantiate a relationship, let alone Randy being giddy in love with JoJo.

There's perhaps hundreds of photos of Randy & Jodi together, most of them intimate in nature, and I've yet to see one photo of Randy & JoJo together-or even in the same room. However we have seen a couple photos of the illusive Gracie Miller and Randy together- so what does that mean then?

Yeah, it's all pure speculation and opinion at the end of the day but Jodi Raskin was indeed in a relationship with Randy Rhoads, that is fact.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Given what I know now I am 100% certain that randy is still dead
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:I'm just wondering what evidence there is that Randy was in love with her, aside from a dead woman's then 8 year old daughter's recollection. No offense & RIP, however the allegation that Jodi is/was a "gold digger" doesn't substantiate a relationship, let alone Randy being giddy in love with JoJo
Yes i understand, i was always led to believe that Jodi was Randy`s love too. I was sent the interview, and as soon as i read it i realised that it must be true since i have Rudy Sarzo`s book and even though Rudy doesnt go into details ( for obvious reasons) it confirms what Heidi was saying in the interview.

Heidi- Jo Jo`s daughter is alive and well lives in London and currently has her own band she has been interviewed about her mother`s life in several publications -remember that Heidi spent her early life around people like Rod Stewart and Paul McCartney and there are photos of her as a youngster with her mother and said musicians, so why would she lie about a relatively unknown guitarist being a part of her mother`s life? It makes no sense. Of course there are many photos of Randy and Jodi he knew her years before . As for Jo Jo, Randy only met her 6 months before he died....its possible there are photos.

I will try and get some "evidence" for you though if you really need it to prove what was already common knowledge at the time, Sky was around at this time for one thing they all used to come in and drink in his mum`s pub.
Last edited by mojopin70 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.