After Hours simulcast

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tihsyloh

After Hours simulcast

Post by tihsyloh »

On my first copy of After Hours I got on vhs many years ago, I noticed there was a message during the performance that it was being simulcast on a radio station. My question is has anyone ever heard this on the radio at the time? I never heard of anyone that recorded it off the radio. As far as I know, no radio recording has surfaced of it. I'm interested in how they mixed it for the radio broadcast.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: After Hours simulcast

Post by Tito »

Wow!!!i got my copy back in 92 93 maybe and it didnt say that..it was a horrible copy at that..had the chicago footage and some qr stuff on it.
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

That's about the same time I got my copy. I ordered it out of a magazine, it might of been Hit Parader or Metal Edge or something, I cant remember for sure. It was in the back page ads. The so called company was called "The right choice". They were out of Flushing, New York. It was like $50 at the time, and it took about 6 months to arrive in the mail. I thought I got ripped off after awhile. It came with some bonus Black sabbath video from Don Kirshner's rock concert 1975, and an Ozzy interview with Bob Costas from '88 or '89. The quality of the After Hours kinda sucked, particulary soundwise. I remember there was that brief dropout in the sound at the beginning of Crazy Train. Crazy Train and I Don't Know had about the same sound quality. Suicide Soulution and Mr. Crowley had a different sound quality to it. At the time it just awesome being able to see any video of Randy! I would show it to anyone I could.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Sounds a lot like my old VHS copy of After Hours. Mine also has this thing on the bottom of the screen during I Don't Know about it being in simulcast on some FM station. Between Mr Crowley & Suicide Solution there is a brief interview with Ozzy on how he says the album Never Say Die was the worst record he has ever been involved with. After Crazy Train there is Black Sabbath from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert - Hole In The Sky followed by a 10min interview

I paid like $70 US for the tape back in '89/90 and it took something like 3-4 months for it to arrive in Australia. Was totally bummed that it was NTSC format & had to get someone to convert it to PAL for me to finally watch it. Quality wise it was average to pretty good for a VHS tape. Still have it buried away with my other RR treasures.
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Got my copy in 1989 along with VH at the US Festival...It did have the simulcast graphic as well...Somebody's got to have a copy on cassette..
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

My vhs copy I got around 92 also had the same simulcast message
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Here's the answer

Found it on YouTube

Not only watch but read the description below the video

(Read the description first)
http://youtu.be/yElV2cUY8SE
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

tihsyloh wrote:That's about the same time I got my copy. I ordered it out of a magazine, it might of been Hit Parader or Metal Edge or something, I cant remember for sure. It was in the back page ads. The so called company was called "The right choice". They were out of Flushing, New York. It was like $50 at the time, and it took about 6 months to arrive in the mail. I thought I got ripped off after awhile. It came with some bonus Black sabbath video from Don Kirshner's rock concert 1975, and an Ozzy interview with Bob Costas from '88 or '89. The quality of the After Hours kinda sucked, particulary soundwise. I remember there was that brief dropout in the sound at the beginning of Crazy Train. Crazy Train and I Don't Know had about the same sound quality. Suicide Soulution and Mr. Crowley had a different sound quality to it. At the time it just awesome being able to see any video of Randy! I would show it to anyone I could.
This is exactly the same company I got mine through for the same price. The first time I ordered I got hosed. But it was shirt I was ordering. Then I ordered the video. What a rip off. 50 bucks. I mean I was glad to have something about Randy but I was a little irritated at the same time.