Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sky
Madman

Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy

Post by Sky »

That's a feeling I got from reading interviews from both. Hope I'm wrong! Bob seemed to be a bit bitter when he spoke about Rudy. You think they are on good terms?
I don't think that there's bad feeling between them, their paths have never really crossed so they don't know each other. Fans sometimes imagine that situations are more dramatic than they are. :)
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:I think if Rudy Sarzo wanted to express what he has said and really felt he needed to clear the air , he should've phoned Bob years ago as far as i am aware this has never happened. He is afraid of doing so because he knows it would get back to the Osbournes and they would wipe him off their christmas list in a shot.( He`s received many gifts from the Osbourne empire in the past)

Consider this : When Bob and Lee were fired by Sharon, Randy called Bob and said he was against it, and had nothing to do with it and they remained friends.That is the sign of a real man.

Randy refused Sharon`s offer to manage him , and he went to Bob and Lee and told them so. Now Rudy Sarzo has been sat on the fence for so long he has spike marks in his backside and he is very afraid of coming off that fence.

Thinking about it , its funny how free gifts can influence someone`s loyalty , isnt that right Mr Wolfe?
Randy and Bob were two buddies already. So I can understand Randy phoned Bob. However I don't think Rudy ever met Bob when he joined Ozzy? So why should he called Bob? To apology for filling in? Also lets not forget Rudy himself left Ozzy since it wasn't much fun anymore without Randy. I don't think he expected any christmas gifts then? And Rudy never returned to Ozzy either. He could have stayed for the $$$ after Randy was gone but he didn't. Rudy pretty much always stayed a gentleman, he rarely speaks bad rap in interviews about other people. Not even about Kevin Dubrow! Who in the end of his life pretty much gave him the shaft. I don't think free gifts are influencing Rudy at all.

Too bad he and Bob doesn't seem to get along. I'm not going into who should phone who first. I only wish they did.
Sarzo sits on the fence, hes also a forgiving person it seems . Osbourne also punched him in the face......

Well if i were Bob and another bass player sat right by me shook a fan`s hand and took credit for my work i would be gutted. He has a very good reason if he does feel bitter since hes got to live this out in the media for the rest of his life without anywhere to hide. Diary of a Madman still has Rudy Sarzo`s photo in the inlay and i cant see that changing anytime soon can you?.

Ive never seen Bob say anything negative about Sarzo either.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

mojopin70 wrote:
the most important FACT in this thread ........ of coarse people are happy to bag a guy "for" bob

Did anyone see my US fest thread before it got moved into oblivion ... bob playing with TOMMY and he didn't punch him, i'm sure some one here will do it for him though
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

sytharnia wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
the most important FACT in this thread ........ of coarse people are happy to bag a guy "for" bob

Did anyone see my US fest thread before it got moved into oblivion ... bob playing with TOMMY and he didn't punch him, i'm sure some one here will do it for him though

The same us fest with jake on guitar

Interesting I will have to go back and watch those
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Sky wrote:Fans sometimes imagine that situations are more dramatic than they are. :)
You probably right! :)
mojopin70 wrote:Well if i were Bob and another bass player sat right by me shook a fan`s hand and took credit for my work i would be gutted. He has a very good reason if he does feel bitter since hes got to live this out in the media for the rest of his life without anywhere to hide. Diary of a Madman still has Rudy Sarzo`s photo in the inlay and i cant see that changing anytime soon can you?.
I'm sure Rudy regrets this. But we weren't there. Maybe he gave credits to Bob 100 times that day and one slipped...? Who knows?
But yes, Bob has every right to feel bitter about how he was treated by the O's. That's not Rudy's fault. And if it was up to Rudy he probably would say 'put Bob & Lee back on these covers instead of me & Tommy', but we all know who has the final say in that.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Nick Hughes wrote:

The same us fest with jake on guitar

Interesting I will have to go back and watch those
here ya go

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8770

this is the closest I think I have heard jake play any randy song ... mind you I think as I said it was jakes first gig with ozzy so maybe he was really focused on playing it right early in his tenure in the band

oh and of coarse I just remembered bob and tommy played together on the entire BATM tour :? :lol:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

sytharnia wrote:mind you I think as I said it was jakes first gig with ozzy so maybe he was really focused on playing it right early in his tenure in the band
well, you're partly right, it was Jakes first US gig with Ozzy :)
however, his first ever Ozzy gig was in Europe, in Finland if I'm not mistaken :)