Madman

Re: Steven Rosen and Andrew Klein Book Excerpt

Post by TAB »

ol dogballs still at it :P
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

devorerd wrote:Purchase the book and find out...
I was answering to blindleadingtheblind.
I have the book, and not, there arent this pictures.
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

I just received this book as a gift. I always wondered what Andrew looked like. He looks kinda like my father....kinda. I was taken aback by the amount of pictures and detail in the written words. I didn't want to buy the book because of what I read, the Rhoads family suing and all. I felt dirty, in a way, reading and gazing at the photos. Being a fan I just want to know all I can about him as a person (I don't play guitar). I always knew he was as human as can be and I never thought of him as anything but human. I am a reader first, but, I would love to see a movie about Randy....like La Bamba or The Buddy Holly Story.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Rhoads-Fan wrote:I didn't want to buy the book because of what I read, the Rhoads family suing and all. I felt dirty, in a way, reading and gazing at the photos.
Don't believe all you read about that lawsuit... there is MUCH more going on behind the scenes than anyone is willing to speak of publicly.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

googly moogly
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Rhoads-Fan wrote:I didn't want to buy the book because of what I read, the Rhoads family suing and all. I felt dirty, in a way, reading and gazing at the photos.
Don't believe all you read about that lawsuit... there is MUCH more going on behind the scenes than anyone is willing to speak of publicly.
Can you elaborate a bit on this, Paul?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Can you elaborate a bit on this, Paul?
I'm not privy to the details, so I'll just leave it as what I said, there is more to it than what has been made public... ultimately it's been between Andrew Klein and the Rhoads' and I feel it should be left between them until either (or both) sides make a public statement on this.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Can you elaborate a bit on this, Paul?
I'm not privy to the details, so I'll just leave it as what I said, there is more to it than what has been made public... ultimately it's been between Andrew Klein and the Rhoads' and I feel it should be left between them until either (or both) sides make a public statement on this.

Fair enough.

I don't want to put you on the spot; I'm just curious. I've long thought that there was a lot more going on than what's in the public eye. And that it's not as black and white as we've previously thought.

Given that anything Randy moves at a glacial pace, I do wonder if we'll ever find out the real story.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Rhoads-Fan wrote:I just received this book as a gift. I always wondered what Andrew looked like. He looks kinda like my father....kinda. I was taken aback by the amount of pictures and detail in the written words. I didn't want to buy the book because of what I read, the Rhoads family suing and all. I felt dirty, in a way, reading and gazing at the photos. Being a fan I just want to know all I can about him as a person (I don't play guitar). I always knew he was as human as can be and I never thought of him as anything but human. I am a reader first, but, I would love to see a movie about Randy....like La Bamba or The Buddy Holly Story.

Oh yes! A movie about Randy with the real story! It would be really great :P
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I think we're past the best chance of a Randy documentary or movie being made... All parties involved can never agree to honor him the way he deserves to be after all these years.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Well, finally decided to get the book after all !!! Also ordered a copy of Blizzard Of Ozz (w/ poster) since that wasn´t super-expensive either. I wonder if we shall see any 40th anniversary releases? What´s up with Bob Daisley´s "holy grail" anyway...?
Long live Randy Rhoads !!!
Mikel
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

These types of people are scum!