The girl Randy was in love with.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

The girl Randy was in love with.....

Post by mojopin70 »

Heidi's relationship with her father has remained strained and the two only recently started talking after a ten-year gap.

After the marriage break-up, Heidi recalls her mother ( Jo Jo Laine) quickly falling in love with Randy Rhoads, a 25-year-old guitarist with Ozzy Osbourne.

"I was so in awe of him,' she says. "He was tall and very good looking. My mother was giddy with happiness when he was around."

On March 19, 1982, six months after they met, Randy was killed in a plane crash in Florida. It was then, Heidi says, that her mother's binge drinking became more destructive.

"She cried uncontrollably and constantly. I was a kid and didn't know what to do"
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re: The girl Randy was in love with.....

Post by Nick Hughes »

mojopin70 wrote:Heidi's relationship with her father has remained strained and the two only recently started talking after a ten-year gap.

After the marriage break-up, Heidi recalls her mother ( Jo Jo Laine) quickly falling in love with Randy Rhoads, a 25-year-old guitarist with Ozzy Osbourne.

"I was so in awe of him,' she says. "He was tall and very good looking. My mother was giddy with happiness when he was around."

On March 19, 1982, six months after they met, Randy was killed in a plane crash in Florida. It was then, Heidi says, that her mother's binge drinking became more destructive.

"She cried uncontrollably and constantly. I was a kid and didn't know what to do"

Sounds like she took it extremely bad
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

Who?
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

kamalayka wrote:Who?

Jo Jo Laine .
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

She seemed like a skank.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

kamalayka wrote:She seemed like a skank.

Randy Rhoads obviously didnt think she was !

Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

But what about Jodi? I thought Randy was engaged with her...
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Elvira wrote:But what about Jodi? I thought Randy was engaged with her...
According to the RR book and Jodi he was... 'Not sure if Randy's family was informed. The instant chemistry between Jo Jo Laine and Randy is mentioned in Rudy Sarzo's book apparently, and their relationship was certainly known about.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Seems odd that Randy would vacation to Mexico with Jodi right before going back on tour if Jo Jo was on the mind? Perhaps is was already planned?
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

devorerd wrote:Seems odd that Randy would vacation to Mexico with Jodi right before going back on tour if Jo Jo was on the mind? Perhaps is was already planned?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps what was already planned?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

The trip with Jodi to Mexico..thus if Randy was really into Jo Jo, but he didn't want to break his plans with Jodi?
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

The dude was 25 in one of the biggest rock bands around....he was cheating on all his women, simple as that. No need to make an angel out of the guy.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

devorerd wrote:The trip with Jodi to Mexico..thus if Randy was really into Jo Jo, but he didn't want to break his plans with Jodi?
Maybe, who knows? Jo Jo's daughter obviously remembers Randy, and how distraught her mother was when Randy was killed.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Shockwave wrote:The dude was 25 in one of the biggest rock bands around....he was cheating on all his women, simple as that. No need to make an angel out of the guy.
True! I just hope that he enjoyed every moment with all of them :)
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

Sky wrote:
Shockwave wrote:The dude was 25 in one of the biggest rock bands around....he was cheating on all his women, simple as that. No need to make an angel out of the guy.
True! I just hope that he enjoyed every moment with all of them :)
How many women are we talking about here? Hopefully there aren't any Randy Rhoads Jr.'s running around in the world lol.