Madman

Re: Rudy Sarzo talking about ozzy randy

Post by fortress »

interesting stuff at 9min,,
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Thank you for that, I enjoyed it immensely. The style of the interview, the passion of the interviewer, and hearing Rudy's thoughts on playing Randy's style of music.

Ha I see now that it was not meant to be an interview but a conversation. It still does not detract from my enjoyment though.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cool thanks for posting that link up
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

That was great, Rudy talking about the church modes and how they applied, very technical. For all the musicians and bands that Rudy has played with, he still comes across as extremely humble, recalling sleeping on the floor, etc. Thanks for taking us "Off the rails" Rudy!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Yeah and that Anthrax guy seems to be a real gentleman
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

What a joke, Sarzo playing away to Frank Bello as if he wrote these bass parts man how thick is Bello? doesnt he realise that Bob Daisley wrote and recorded these songs? Why is Sarzo still taking credit for this ?
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Not a mention of who wrote those great Ozzy related bass lines.....what a hack.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Wow at some point Randy played with 5 stacks, 3 behind, 1 aside and another one in front!
And no dummy stuff like empty cabinets etc, everything was used! Those were the days! 8)

Nice interview indeed! Thnx
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

rokket wrote:Not a mention of who wrote those great Ozzy related bass lines.....what a hack.
Yeah, he got photographed collecting awards for an album he didn't play on and accepts compliments for bass lines that he didn't write... but hey, he had great dance moves. :lol:
If a guitarist had built his career on playing Randy's riffs and then went on to discuss the music and mention his 'guitar heroes' in interviews without giving any credit whatsoever to Randy, I wonder how many people on this forum would think that guitarist was 'cool'....
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

If i ever need my finger licked i'll call Sarzo
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The 1st video, at 6:30, Rudy says, "I learned the bass parts from the records..."

At 9:25 when discussing auditioning on I Don't Know Frank Bello asks, "How do you know to play that note...?" to which Rudy responds, "Well I listened to the records..."

Sounds to me like Rudy is taking credit for listening to the records to learn the bass parts Bob created... yeah, what hack :roll:
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The 1st video, at 6:30, Rudy says, "I learned the bass parts from the records..."

At 9:25 when discussing auditioning on I Don't Know Frank Bello asks, "How do you know to play that note...?" to which Rudy responds, "Well I listened to the records..."

Sounds to me like Rudy is taking credit for listening to the records to learn the bass parts Bob created... yeah, what hack :roll:
don't let facts get in the way paul .... we need another thread that turns in to being all about bob :fish:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

sytharnia wrote:don't let facts get in the way paul .... we need another thread that turns in to being all about bob :fish:
Maybe we can change the name of this place to "UltimateBob.com" :lol:
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
sytharnia wrote:don't let facts get in the way paul .... we need another thread that turns in to being all about bob :fish:
Maybe we can change the name of this place to "UltimateBob.com" :lol:
And there was I trying to bring Randy into the discussion in this thread rather than even mention 'he who must not be named' on UR in case the moderators delete my posts/responses again. It seems that Bob Daisley's (strike me down!) name is only 'allowed' if someone is being sarcastic or derogatory... Randy's family get the same treatment so why am I surprised?
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley