Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Re: Rosemont Horizon Footage?

Post by Nick Hughes »

P C M wrote:
Nick Hughes wrote:
P C M wrote:This wouldn't surprise me but,after all the year's I know I would have leaked the original by now knowing how many Randy fan's (old and new).

O M G

your alive

It's good to see all these Members that have not posted anything in awhile

How you been man
Unemployed,drunk,singing off key and losing my mind......oh yeah,I'm unemployed,drunk......wait....what? ROCK N' ROLL. :lol:

Sup brother. Been awhile. 8) Had to check in with the family. :wink:

How yah been?
Been good

Me and another member have been endlessly looking for new footage

I have found some major luck with the Captial Theater footage

And Day of the green is being checked out
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
I'm convinced that the Chicago footage was "dirtied up" and that there is more. Where it is i don't know. If I could get in contact with the taper I could figure out for sure. But I am c
Some one asked how old you are. Something tells me you don't have much experience with VHS or cassette tapes. The reason why you are seeing such crappy footage is because this is probably like 5th or 6th generation copy. Every time you make a copy of a copy you get reduced quality. And if you use crappy equipment to make the copy the problems are compounded.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

dannyahansen wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
I'm convinced that the Chicago footage was "dirtied up" and that there is more. Where it is i don't know. If I could get in contact with the taper I could figure out for sure. But I am c
Some one asked how old you are. Something tells me you don't have much experience with VHS or cassette tapes. The reason why you are seeing such crappy footage is because this is probably like 5th or 6th generation copy. Every time you make a copy of a copy you get reduced quality. And if you use crappy equipment to make the copy the problems are compounded.
The original one posted still skips bud. People have mentioned that before
I went ahead and rode the white horse
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
And you know that "original one" is the master? How?

Lets just argue for a second that what you said is factual. There is a high probability that the equipment used was not the best equipment. Do you know what happens when you use bad equipment to record things with? If you use a tape that has been rerecorded over 4 or 5 times you get stuff that looks like that video. My bet is that this is a later generation of video tap. I have seen 0 evidence that any one has uploaded a master tap some were. I am not interested in your conspiracy theory. You don't know that it was "dirtied up". That would mean that you either talked with the taper or had some one show you the original. You would need first hand knowledge. .

Again you seem to have no experience with VHS tapes. But that is neither here nor there. Carry on.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

dannyahansen wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:

Lets just argue for a second that what you said is factual. There is a high probability that the equipment used was not the best equipment. Do you know what happens when you use bad equipment to record things with? If you use a tape that has been rerecorded over 4 or 5 times you get stuff that looks like that video. My bet is that this is a later generation of video tap. I have seen 0 evidence that any one has uploaded a master tap some were. I am not interested in your conspiracy theory. You don't know that it was "dirtied up". That would mean that you either talked with the taper or had some one show you the original. You would need first hand knowledge. .

Again you seem to have no experience with VHS tapes. But that is neither here nor there. Carry on.
I'm not in the mood to argue bud. Had quite a week and I don't need to argue with some guy on a Randy Rhoads forum.

All I was saying by this thread or asking rather is that maybe the original tape was ok in quality and the skips and shit was added. It's been discussed before but never in a thread of its own.
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
dannyahansen wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:

I'm not in the mood to argue bud. Had quite a week and I don't need to argue with some guy on a Randy Rhoads forum.

All I was saying by this thread or asking rather is that maybe the original tape was ok in quality and the skips and shit was added. It's been discussed before but never in a thread of its own.

I also REMBER hearing that the skips were added

Something about having the best tape to sell to Sharon ( master with out the skips)
Matlike1

Post by Matlike1 »

I have a pretty good copy that has minimal skips and pretty decent picture apart from all the others I've seen. I keep meaning to put it on youtube (in it's full, glorious 20 mins..heh), but I will soon!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Matlike1 wrote:I have a pretty good copy that has minimal skips and pretty decent picture apart from all the others I've seen. I keep meaning to put it on youtube (in it's full, glorious 20 mins..heh), but I will soon!
where'd you get it?
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Matlike1 wrote:I have a pretty good copy that has minimal skips and pretty decent picture apart from all the others I've seen. I keep meaning to put it on youtube (in it's full, glorious 20 mins..heh), but I will soon!
where'd you get it?
Chinese secret
Astral Plane

Post by Astral Plane »

That would be awesome! Thanks in advance bro
Matlike1

Post by Matlike1 »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
where'd you get it?

got it from a friend who collected Randy bootlegs and memorabilia in the 80s, Nick Dehan. He was the guy that pretty much introduced me to the world of Randy Rhoads bootlegs back then. What I think is good quality and what others might think may differ too so, I'm not saying it's astounding quality, but I think it's decent, maybe because Nick got it from way back in the 80s when it hadn't been copied 10 billion times already, who knows.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I still love my old Chicago video...scored a copy in the summer of '91. Kids have it EASY these days with the internet!! Half the fun was scouring record stores and collectible shops to see if they had the ultimate prize!
the crush
Cool Member

Post by the crush »

dmnjr wrote:I still love my old Chicago video...scored a copy in the summer of '91. Kids have it EASY these days with the internet!! Half the fun was scouring record stores and collectible shops to see if they had the ultimate prize!
I agree! 100%
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
RRfan4eveRR

Post by RRfan4eveRR »

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ozzy-osbourne-r ... -499261770

This appears to be cleaned up footage compared to what I've seen on YT. It makes me wonder what else is out there indeed (:
I don't have a short attention span I
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RRfan4eveRR wrote:http://www.ioffer.com/i/ozzy-osbourne-r ... 499261770
This appears to be cleaned up footage compared to what I've seen on YT. It makes me wonder what else is out there indeed (:
Looks like this is the footage from the box set?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.