Rosemont Horizon Footage?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Rosemont Horizon Footage?

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

I was just watching the Rosemont Horizon footage when i thought of something. I know this may have been mentioned once before, but i do not think there was ever a topic made about this thought. Do any of you think that the original film of that show was of a better quality and the releaser of the footage made it skippy, and a bit fuzzier? I ask this only because the sound is pretty good and there are certain parts where the picture looks very good, but then it goes back to being a bit grainy.

Also, do we actually know the name of the person who released this footage? Pardon me if this has already been asked too, but when did this footage come out?

I apologize if this has already been discussed a few years back, but I am very interested to hear your thoughts.

Everyone have a great day

Patrick
I went ahead and rode the white horse
Astral Plane

Re: Rosemont Horizon Footage?

Post by Astral Plane »

I asked pretty much the same question a few years ago with not much feedback.. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the master copy has the full show without the blurps in it as well.
I remember getting that footage in the 90's along with the Palladium (balcony), and After Hours footage. Was like finding an ancient artifact made of gold!

I wish their was some way to contact the owner also, I thought I read somewhere that the blurps were purposely put there so he would have the best copy simply by turning the tracking button while recording it.

Would kill for a clean copy of that show, especially if the full show exists!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Astral Plane wrote:I thought I read somewhere that the blurps were purposely put there so he would have the best copy simply by turning the tracking button while recording it.
I'd heard that, too, on tk maybe ten years ago...
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Astral Plane wrote:I thought I read somewhere that the blurps were purposely put there so he would have the best copy simply by turning the tracking button while recording it.
I'd heard that, too, on tk maybe ten years ago...

I believe that the master copy is clean and the blurps were added. They look too unnatural to he just from the camera.

Do we have any single pieces of info regarding the owner? I could get in contact with him if I knew anything.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Try searching the tk archives, that's where I'd heard about this possibility, and like I said it may have been as long as 10 years ago - I joined tk in '03, so lots of info is there from long ago.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Paul Wolfe wrote:Try searching the tk archives, that's where I'd heard about this possibility, and like I said it may have been as long as 10 years ago - I joined tk in '03, so lots of info is there from long ago.

I came up with finding nothing. I wish I could contact the master taper!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Hey guys,Its been a minute for me too,butI do recall reading that those Bleeps,drop-outs & static ect..ect..were added,but honestly..(IMHO) I dunno?? im 35 & I got my 1st copy in the mail thru a (Import/Bootleg) trading Fanzine from someguy in Cannada.I was like 13-14 y/o & it was Afterhours (w/commercials) NY set 2 & Chicago.....Me & my Friends just rewinded the (Tribute leg lift) a dozen times w/ our jaws on the floor.But in those years between then & youtube I had managed to collect about a half dozen different copies of that show either on different RR Video Compilations ,looking for a better quality or longer versions...but All of them Started 1/2 way thru Over the mountain & had the same Drop-outs in the same spots...and they all ended after Steal Away....And now after all these years of Youtube Ive never seen a version cleaned up in those spots.In the Day Every time you dubbed VCR tape you lose fidelity,And Ive never heard of an Original source for that show either....

However,I do remember at the time on the NY Video right where Believer drops out for about 2 seconds (the video warps to what my buddy INSISTED was Iron Maiden) before going Static.
Now Ive heard Rumors that the Bootlegger was there for Motorhead & had ran out of battery during OZZY.....But I can never find any info or Video of Motorhead from that show.....but sure enough if you look youll find Iron Maiden @ NY Palladium Almost a year later filmed w/the same camera??? that footage my buddy insiisted was Maiden,really was!!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

DMRX wrote:Hey guys,Its been a minute for me too,butI do recall reading that those Bleeps,drop-outs & static ect..ect..were added,but honestly..(IMHO) I dunno?? im 35 & I got my 1st copy in the mail thru a (Import/Bootleg) trading Fanzine from someguy in Cannada.I was like 13-14 y/o & it was Afterhours (w/commercials) NY set 2 & Chicago.....Me & my Friends just rewinded the (Tribute leg lift) a dozen times w/ our jaws on the floor.But in those years between then & youtube I had managed to collect about a half dozen different copies of that show either on different RR Video Compilations ,looking for a better quality or longer versions...but All of them Started 1/2 way thru Over the mountain & had the same Drop-outs in the same spots...and they all ended after Steal Away....And now after all these years of Youtube Ive never seen a version cleaned up in those spots.In the Day Every time you dubbed VCR tape you lose fidelity,And Ive never heard of an Original source for that show either....

However,I do remember at the time on the NY Video right where Believer drops out for about 2 seconds (the video warps to what my buddy INSISTED was Iron Maiden) before going Static.
Now Ive heard Rumors that the Bootlegger was there for Motorhead & had ran out of battery during OZZY.....But I can never find any info or Video of Motorhead from that show.....but sure enough if you look youll find Iron Maiden @ NY Palladium Almost a year later filmed w/the same camera??? that footage my buddy insiisted was Maiden,really was!!
I'm convinced that the Chicago footage was "dirtied up" and that there is more. Where it is i don't know. If I could get in contact with the taper I could figure out for sure. But I am c
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

DMRX wrote:Hey guys,Its been a minute for me too,butI do recall reading that those Bleeps,drop-outs & static ect..ect..were added,but honestly..(IMHO) I dunno?? im 35 & I got my 1st copy in the mail thru a (Import/Bootleg) trading Fanzine from someguy in Cannada.I was like 13-14 y/o & it was Afterhours (w/commercials) NY set 2 & Chicago.....Me & my Friends just rewinded the (Tribute leg lift) a dozen times w/ our jaws on the floor.But in those years between then & youtube I had managed to collect about a half dozen different copies of that show either on different RR Video Compilations ,looking for a better quality or longer versions...but All of them Started 1/2 way thru Over the mountain & had the same Drop-outs in the same spots...and they all ended after Steal Away....And now after all these years of Youtube Ive never seen a version cleaned up in those spots.In the Day Every time you dubbed VCR tape you lose fidelity,And Ive never heard of an Original source for that show either....

I'm convinced that the Chicago footage was "dirtied up" and that there is more. Where it is i don't know. If I could get in contact with the taper I could figure out for sure. But I am convinced that the master tape is greater quality than what we have.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Just curious how old are you LRA?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Try searching the tk archives, that's where I'd heard about this possibility, and like I said it may have been as long as 10 years ago - I joined tk in '03, so lots of info is there from long ago.

Yeah, it seems the posts only go back as far as '05... the must've lost some stuff in one of the hacks.

I found this interesting:
ironface166 wrote:If Ozzy had a full show with Randy he would have used some of the footage in the "Crazy Train" video in 1987 so he wouldn't have had to use high-speed pictures. Ozzy himself even said in 87 that they searched every source they could think of looking for good footage of Randy and all they coudl come up with was the Pro-shot After Hours footage. So I don't buy that story. Had he shot a pro show with Randy, the footage would have been used, as "Tribute" had the full approval from the Rhoads family at that time. The MTV show with Brad Gillis (which was not a "Speak Of the Devil" show, but a Diary gig) was done to further publicize the tour and yes, fullfill a previous wish to film the Diary tour.
The quote is from this thread... the "dogfall" posts should entertain Shaun :D

Oh and then there is this one:
whitewolf wrote:Well, I tried. I had high hopes, but it was not to be... this time.
I have seen a list of the Capitol Theatre's surviving tapes (as I mentioned earlier in another thread) owned by John Scher of Metropolitan Entertainment (who incidentally owned the Theatre for its entire glorious lifespan). There are many wonderful concert videos on this list, but the bad news is, the shows I was looking for (including the 1981 Ozzy show) are not listed in this collection... which can only mean that, assuming the theatre did film this particular Ozzy concert (and I don't know why they wouldn't), it only stands to reason that someone must have taken the tape after the show, as it stands that it’s no longer in the vault.
Anyways, so again the question remains... where is the tape and who has it? The Osbournes? Maybe Ozzy's voice was sub-par that night (what else is new?) and Sharon (armed with some ulterior motive) didn't want the tape in public circulation, so she snagged it???

On the other hand, Sharon got into a nasty fight with John Scher (over money - what else is new?), and Sharon showed her true colors and kneed him in the bollocks, so who knows what happened to it after that
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Paul Wolfe wrote:
LongRhoadsAhead wrote:

Yeah, it seems the posts only go back as far as '05... the must've lost some stuff in one of the hacks.

I found this interesting:
ironface166 wrote:If Ozzy had a full show with Randy he would have used some of the footage in the "Crazy Train" video in 1987 so he wouldn't have had to use high-speed pictures. Ozzy himself even said in 87 that they searched every source they could think of looking for good footage of Randy and all they coudl come up with was the Pro-shot After Hours footage. So I don't buy that story. Had he shot a pro show with Randy, the footage would have been used, as "Tribute" had the full approval from the Rhoads family at that time. The MTV show with Brad Gillis (which was not a "Speak Of the Devil" show, but a Diary gig) was done to further publicize the tour and yes, fullfill a previous wish to film the Diary tour.
The quote is from this thread... the "dogfall" posts should entertain Shaun :D

Oh and then there is this one:
whitewolf wrote:Well, I tried. I had high hopes, but it was not to be... this time.
I have seen a list of the Capitol Theatre's surviving tapes (as I mentioned earlier in another thread) owned by John Scher of Metropolitan Entertainment (who incidentally owned the Theatre for its entire glorious lifespan). There are many wonderful concert videos on this list, but the bad news is, the shows I was looking for (including the 1981 Ozzy show) are not listed in this collection... which can only mean that, assuming the theatre did film this particular Ozzy concert (and I don't know why they wouldn't), it only stands to reason that someone must have taken the tape after the show, as it stands that it’s no longer in the vault.
Anyways, so again the question remains... where is the tape and who has it? The Osbournes? Maybe Ozzy's voice was sub-par that night (what else is new?) and Sharon (armed with some ulterior motive) didn't want the tape in public circulation, so she snagged it???

On the other hand, Sharon got into a nasty fight with John Scher (over money - what else is new?), and Sharon showed her true colors and kneed him in the bollocks, so who knows what happened to it after that
I don't buy the tribute video post. Ozzy and Sharon first people to get ahold of would be ET, 2 on the town and rock report. It's so sad that 2 on the town and rock report full song videos were destroyed but who knew really?

My point in saying that is, in my mind the tribute video was half ass. They would've immediately known to contact those three sources, and maybe would've even saved the footage from being destroyed if it hadn't yet. Oh well, at least ET is still intact.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

This wouldn't surprise me but,after all the year's I know I would have leaked the original by now knowing how many Randy fan's (old and new).
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

P C M wrote:This wouldn't surprise me but,after all the year's I know I would have leaked the original by now knowing how many Randy fan's (old and new).

O M G

your alive

It's good to see all these Members that have not posted anything in awhile

How you been man
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Nick Hughes wrote:
P C M wrote:This wouldn't surprise me but,after all the year's I know I would have leaked the original by now knowing how many Randy fan's (old and new).

O M G

your alive

It's good to see all these Members that have not posted anything in awhile

How you been man
Unemployed,drunk,singing off key and losing my mind......oh yeah,I'm unemployed,drunk......wait....what? ROCK N' ROLL. :lol:

Sup brother. Been awhile. 8) Had to check in with the family. :wink:

How yah been?