Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

Hey all. About 2 years ago I was watching a QR video on youtube and I commented something along the lines of how I wish there was video of an Ozzy and RR concert. Anyways, the uploader of the video responded to my comment claiming to have been given a Diary concert that he believed to be shot by a roadie because some of it was filmed from behind the stage looking out at the band. He said he's had it since he was 10. Now obviously, I was skeptical due to the previous unbacked up claims of footage. I asked a bit about it and he said the quality was not anything great, but still good, and the sound was good.

Fast forward to a few days ago.

I came across his channel again and was amazed because I couldn't find it for the longest of time. Anyways, on a different video I commented mentioning that a few years back he talked to me about some diary footage he claimed to have. His story did not change a bit and I honestly believe him at this point. I do not want to give away his channel name at this time because I don't want a lot of people going there and "scaring him off" you know?

I need advice on how to approach this situation. If I get a lot of you telling me it would be a good idea to share his channel name, then I will.

I know this may seem sketchy but I honestly have a good feeling about this. So, I need you all to tell me what you think I/we should do?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Re: Roady Shot Diary Concert!..... I need advice

I also forgot to mention, that his whole channel is pretty much dedicated to Randy Rhoads videos and he has posted some very rare stuff that is in better quality than it is where it is posted on other channels, so that is another reason why I believe him to be telling the truth.

He claimed to many commenters, not just me that he has "a bunch of RR stuff because he had a family member in the business at the time."

This looks very promising and trustworthy to me.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I'd be skeptical as he probably would have posted something if he had it? You never know though...
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

alborg wrote:I'd be skeptical as he probably would have posted something if he had it? You never know though...
This is very believable to me because he's not just appearing outta nowhere with these claims and he's told the same story with no changes both times I asked (over 2 years apart).

I believe the last time we spoke (over 2 years ago) he said something about trying to post it, but there was copyright issues with it.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and trying to determine the best way of approaching the situation to try and obtain even a small sample of it to validate his claims.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Shut up and leave the guy alone is my best advice
Nick Hughes
Cool Member

Post by Nick Hughes »

Tito wrote:Shut up and leave the guy alone is my best advice

Really Tito that's your advice

People here are trying to uncover new unseen footage and all you have to say is shut up and leave him alone

Weather or not you are being sarcastic you don't need to be an ass
Last edited by Nick Hughes on Mon May 05, 2014 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Tito wrote:Shut up and leave the guy alone is my best advice
That's good advice on how to achieve nothing at all. I understand this is a touchy subject to mention "a guy claims to have footage." But that doesn't mean it's not at least worth looking into.
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

So a couple of ideas..1. Try and find out which show it was, this will give you an idea of the accuracy and depth of knowledge of the party your dealing with. 2. See if you can engage in song talk, let the party know what your favorite songs from the tour are and how neat it would be to see them on video...Maybe the party will give you a little taste...i.e. Daisley with his snippets of the "Holy Grail". Look forward to finding out more.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

devorerd wrote:So a couple of ideas..1. Try and find out which show it was, this will give you an idea of the accuracy and depth of knowledge of the party your dealing with. 2. See if you can engage in song talk, let the party know what your favorite songs from the tour are and how neat it would be to see them on video...Maybe the party will give you a little taste...i.e. Daisley with his snippets of the "Holy Grail". Look forward to finding out more.
I've already asked what show, and he does not know because he was not there, it was given to him at the age of 10. I will try to make conversation about it. Thanks for your input man
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Why would the guy post up RR videos and audio that may be on several channels and not post up stuff that would make his own Youtube channel unique? If his page is dedicated to RR then you would think he would know how rare said video or audio would be. It does not make any sense to me someone would hold back footage if they are a big fan.

If you stumbled across a guy somehow that had footage and no youtube channel that would seem more possible than one where the guy post RR stuff but just happens to leave out the thing everyone wants to hear or see. I'm skeptical to the point of saying he's BSing you on this. The copyright thing is a BS excuse. The whole box set footage is uploaded on youtube and I have seen none of it yanked for copyright infringement.
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

distortionplus wrote:Why would the guy post up RR videos and audio that may be on several channels and not post up stuff that would make his own Youtube channel unique? If his page is dedicated to RR then you would think he would know how rare said video or audio would be. It does not make any sense to me someone would hold back footage if they are a big fan.

If you stumbled across a guy somehow that had footage and no youtube channel that would seem more possible than one where the guy post RR stuff but just happens to leave out the thing everyone wants to hear or see. I'm skeptical to the point of saying he's BSing you on this. The copyright thing is a BS excuse. The whole box set footage is uploaded on youtube and I have seen none of it yanked for copyright infringement.
Yeah I see where you're coming from but I'm still gonna look into this as it would be awesome to have/see if it is real.
Elvira
Cool Member

Post by Elvira »

Maybe if he could gives you some screem captures of the concert...
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Elvira wrote:Maybe if he could gives you some screem captures of the concert...
I have asked if he'd be comfortable sharing a 10 second teaser and am waiting to hear back from him. Fingers crossed!
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

Nice..I'd even like to see the Entertainment tonight full songs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU50AnOcL5E

The close ups on Over the Mountain are killer!
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

devorerd wrote:Nice..I'd even like to see the Entertainment tonight full songs..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU50AnOcL5E

The close ups on Over the Mountain are killer!
That would be awesome but as I'm sure you know, there are copyright issues with the ET footage. Along with rock report, and 2 on the town. But this guy I am talking to may have something great that I hope to see proof of and obtain a song or two for you all to enjoy.