Peavey 5150 / Marshall Stack

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Dino

Peavey 5150 / Marshall Stack

Post by Dino »

Peavey 5150 with (2) Marshall 1960A/B Cabinets.
There is some tolex wear and tear on the cabinets but in perfect working condition. I am the original owner of the 5150 and had the tubes replaced with JJ tubes about a year ago. I've since bought another amp and it's just been sitting ever since.

$1200 (local pick up only / Maryland)
dinobonanno@comcast.net

Dino

Re: Peavey 5150 / Marshall Stack

Post by Dino »

Open to trade offers.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Buying new gear is always a double edge sword. I swear 1/2 the time I get new gear I don't play the old stuff any more. I have 2 guitars that I have hardly touched since getting my Jacksons. The interesting thing is they were the 2 guitars I played the most. Good luck on selling your rig.
Dino

Post by Dino »

dannyahansen wrote:Buying new gear is always a double edge sword. I swear 1/2 the time I get new gear I don't play the old stuff any more. I have 2 guitars that I have hardly touched since getting my Jacksons. The interesting thing is they were the 2 guitars I played the most. Good luck on selling your rig.

I hear ya!
I love the 5150, especially through those Marshall cabinets.
Great crunch, rich harmonic overtones, and more gain than you'll ever use.
However, I needed an amp that was more versitile with a true clean channel, which the 5150 isn't exactly known for. :mrgreen:

I bought a Mesa Dual Rectifier.
I initially wanted just a head to use with my Marshall cabinets but I found a great deal on one that came with a 4x12 recto cabinet, so the 5150/Marshall rig has just been sitting ever since.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

dannyahansen wrote:Buying new gear is always a double edge sword. I swear 1/2 the time I get new gear I don't play the old stuff any more. I have 2 guitars that I have hardly touched since getting my Jacksons. The interesting thing is they were the 2 guitars I played the most. Good luck on selling your rig.

I am the same way man...I have a 78 JMP MKII modded to hell...I want to get a Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary and i know if i get one i will probably never play the Marshall much anymore and that will end up causing me to sell it for a pretty penny. Then about a year later i will realize what i am missing and never get it back again :(