Forgerys Fakes and Facsimile

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alborg
Cool Member

Re: Forgerys Fakes and Facsimile

Post by alborg »

What do you all think of this one? Original?
Attachments
rr2.JPG
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

& this one...
Attachments
rr.JPG
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I would say the bottom one is questionable as Ozzy's signature and Randy's are very ???? Strange how bob's and Lee's sigs are large and the other 2 are wrote smaller. The top one looks more original but randy's is ??? how it has a heavy flow round the bottom of the first 'R' and the 'a-d' of Rhoads. Are these up on ebay for sale ?. If i could read the description i'd be more convinced to say if they are BS or not.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

The bottom one was on ebay. I bid on it but lost. Probably need to see them in person.
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I wouldn't spend a dime on anybody's autograph.

But that's just me.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

alborg wrote:The bottom one was on ebay. I bid on it but lost. Probably need to see them in person.
Do you still have the link from the auction ? How much did it sell for ?.. what was the story with the other set of signatures where abouts, history etc. cheers
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

alborg wrote:The bottom one was on ebay. I bid on it but lost. Probably need to see them in person.
Do you still have the link from the auction ? How much did it sell for ?.. what was the story with the other set of signatures where abouts, history etc. cheers
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

both are fake and dont resemble genuine samples......Are they from the same seller?because the R s in both signatures are well done and look alike but the d's are incorrect-and on that account alone i wouldnt vouch for them.
The kerslake sig with the thanks above it looks fake.
the rr in the top one also has a lot of hesitations were the ink bleeds cuz the faker is taking too much time and the ink is bleeding.Signatures are done quickly without pause for toilet break or whatever.

edit- i dont know if they are fake for sure,but based on missing elements i wouldnt vouch that they are real.
Last edited by oth on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Jeffozz

Post by Jeffozz »

Looks like same forger in both to me...

In the 2nd sample, I have never seen Ozzy start his "O" in Osbourne from the other direction!

Also, Bob's looks terrible in both... No swirly dot to his "I" and the "B" and "D" are wrong!

Both of Randy's "d" look wrong and and are the same in both samples...

Just my 2 cents.

Second sample sold for $337.00 USD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121218235242?ss ... 1423.l2649
BenCooper

Post by BenCooper »

Hello!

I'm new here, but I was wondering if someone could give me their thoughts on these signatures? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Benjamin.
Attachments
RR
RR
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

the randy sig is 100% correct/real...cant vouch for the other ones but they arent of value however if the randy is real why would you fake the others?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

BenCooper wrote:Hello!

I'm new here, but I was wondering if someone could give me their thoughts on these signatures? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Benjamin.
Hi Ben, I gather this one is something you have bought or are you planning on bidding on this lot ?. Yeah it looks good but the forgers are getting better and like the 2 examples above they sold on ebay to some one who thinks they have the real deal. What i have noticed with Randy's signature is how much it changed in such a short time. check out the differences in this one compared to the one in your pic. Lots of differences in how he joined the letters up and the R's. I always look at the 'andy' which is very much the same in all his signatures apart from the 'y' changing slightly. The rest of the signatures look fine, a few here to compare them with. cheers ;-)
Attachments
Signed Crazy Train Randy.JPG
Signed Crazy Train Lee.JPG
Signed Crazy Train Ozzy.JPG
Signed Crazy Train Bob.JPG
BenCooper

Post by BenCooper »

Thanks for getting back to me guys!

My partners mother used to work in the music business, but was pissed all the time :') She hardly remembers most of it! I would love to send it off for verification so it had a COA, and then I could get it all framed, but I don't want to send it off unless I'm 99% sure that it's all genuine :) Could not cope if I lost it, one of my most prized possessions!

Thanks again!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think that can be giving the thumbs up for being 100% genuine.. I wouldn't waste your money getting it authenticated. The guys who give it the COA are just like guys like me and OTH. They only know as much about the signature if they have seen enough to compare the bogus with the original. Plus a COA can be made on a printer stating it is 100% original and as far as it's history i'm sure your partners mother would be in a position to be able to get items like this signed. Even if her memory isn't good you know its history back ground.. Like the guy who sold the ones at the top of the page i checked his feedback and he's sold 3 lots of Ozzy Randy signatures. Making $1000.00 on bogus crap, one day the guys who bought those are going to get the wake up call that they have been suckered into buying faked useless pieces of paper. But i can reassure you that yours are genuine.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

years back some shitbag was selling tons of fake sigs including an rr on a cheap concorde copy guitar that came out way after rr passed.

and psa and epperson do fuck up all the time...review them on google maybe you ll find something...then again the only people with enough expertise to challenge psa would be an auction house....
it takes a lot of mental energy to focus on one sig never mind hundreds...i cant imagine learning more than 5 or 10 sigs and becoming proficient at it....so how psa does it is anyones guess.