Rik Emmett

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Rik Emmett

Post by Geo Sav »

Going to see Rik Emmett in august. Can't wait. I play all his guitar songs. I have seen him with Triumph but not solo. Has anyone seen him?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Rik Emmett

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I saw Rik a number of times with Triumph, he's phenomenal!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Yeh can't wait to check him out solo. Love stuff like fantasy serenade, suitcase blues ect. Plus the triumph stuff.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've always loved Blinding Light Show...
The_Scratch

Post by The_Scratch »

Extremely under-rated and often overlooked guitarist.
His playing is technically brilliant but lacks alot of the innovation and imagination that some of the greats are known for.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I went to see Rik and have to say it was great! He did Triumph stuff like never serender,lay it on the line,magic power ect. and the solo guitar stuff like petite etude fantasy serenade ect. Plus his solo stuff and covers like superstition, boys of summer. All of it was acoustic. He had two other guys with him a guitar player and a guy playing keyboard/bass. Check him out!
DJ Rock Angel

Post by DJ Rock Angel »

I met Triumph when I was their pin up girl in Playboy magazine on the Thunder Seven tour of 85. Stellar show. His Intimate shows in clubs are great..He is very astute and quick witted. My Favorite of his, is "Midsummer's Day Dream" I used it as wedding music, with my former husband James. Walked down aisle to it. I have always been enjoyed Rik's music.."Never Surrender" is an under rated album..Gary Graff and I used to discuss Rik at length in the 80s. I chided Gary for calling Rik 'neo classical" in 84. LOL!!! ;)

No passage can divert the course of Pegasus the Muses Horse
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

DJ Angel, That's a 1st for this forum, being priviledged to have an ex playboy bunny here. How long did you do modelling etc, did it take off in a big way ?.