Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Rumor: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by Shockwave »

Credit to Ironface over at tk for the interview link...

http://www.rockmusicstar.com/randyrhoadsbook/
Many fans are constantly asking the million dollar question; is there professional film footage of Randy Rhoads onstage with Ozzy Osbourne. The answer is YES, but we may never get to see it. Ozzy's concert at The Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on April 24th 1981 was professionally shot. Every concert in that theatre from 1973-1984 was pro-shot. It was a 3-camera black and white shoot. The entire concert was filmed. I've had numerous conversations with the theatre's owner, John Scher about this. Randy also talked about it in specific detail in one of his letters to Jodi that I've read. He was excited about it and he said the band performed exceptionally well, knowing that they were being filmed. Whether or not the fans will ever get to see it, remains to be seen.
Last edited by Shockwave on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
Cool Member

Re: Confirmed: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Sho

Post by Gus »

Thanks Shockwave, .......so those who thought there was pro-shot footage, and did some research on the most likely venues (ie.Passaic) to have been filmed, didn't know what we were talking about :lol: I wonder who has the rights to this?
Stewie
Mass Poster

Re: Rumour: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Shot

Post by Stewie »

IT IS OUT THERE. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Now we only need to get it :)

:(
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Not sure why it title was changed from "confirmed" to "rumour"

I know we have been burned in the past but this guy is legit, talked to the venue owner whom confirmed it, and read letters randy wrote to Jodie furthermore confirming it! :)
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Confirmed: Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey..Pro Sho

Post by Shockwave »

Gus wrote:I wonder who has the rights to this?

You figure that would be a immediate follow question huh?

I wonder if details like that will be released in the book?!?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I changed the title, because unless there's no evidence but the guys word, its just a rumour.
Come on, Jodi let him read her private letter?
The guy doesn't even mention that he saw the film himself, so we're supposed to believe what
one guy heard from another guy...are we really that pathetic?
the band performed exceptionally well, knowing that they were being filmed.
I call bullshit. If they know they were filmed, it doesn't make any sense AT ALL as to
why suddenly no one in the band claims otherwise, and that's including the guys that were
more or less sober.
Solos

Post by Solos »

BS to sell more books?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Solos wrote:BS to sell more books?
probably. they need some kind of selling-argument since he stated
HIMSELF that it's not "approved".
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Solos wrote:BS to sell more books?
probably. they need some kind of selling-argument since he stated
HIMSELF that it's not "approved".

EXACTLY.

Pure book/doc hype from an unscrupulous (cough)author(cough).
Solos

Post by Solos »

It certainly appears that way. If you look on youtube, sure you find some live stuff from The Capitol Theater, but not enough to make me believe that EVERY show was filmed over an 11 yr period. I'm assuming this venue was the stop in that neck of the woods, so they probably had Nationals in there at least every weekend.

I'm just tired of hearing this stuff. There have been rumors floating around about many different shows being filmed and the only one released so far has been one that "those in the know" never even hinted at LOL.

Why is that everything involving Randy seems to have so much drama and mystery surrounding it? Is it because he grew up in LA and everybody out there is loony? :lol:
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

i thout they had a fire in capitol theatre i think i heard about that in a diffrent post

if any body ever goes to new jersey or lives there swing by the Capitol Theatre and ask the owner read in the randys book they said they have tons of randy writeing to jodi he told her about being filmed but the said part is it might not be in the book they said that they had more letters than they could use

the even funny thing is my moms name is jodi not kiding
but she is not the same jodi a that every body is talkin about i am verry happy i have her no other could compaire
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

randy will never die wrote:i thout they had a fire in capitol theatre i think i heard about that in a diffrent post

if any body ever goes to new jersey or lives there swing by the Capitol Theatre and ask the owner read in the randys book they said they have tons of randy writeing to jodi he told her about being filmed but the said part is it might not be in the book they said that they had more letters than they could use

the even funny thing is my moms name is jodi not kiding
but she is not the same jodi a that every body is talkin about i am verry happy i have her no other could compaire
WAT!???
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Stiltzkin wrote:I changed the title, because unless there's no evidence but the guys word, its just a rumour.
The guy doesn't even mention that he saw the film himself, so we're supposed to believe what

I call bullshit. If they know they were filmed, it doesn't make any sense AT ALL as to
why suddenly no one in the band claims otherwise, and that's including the guys that were
more or less sober.
Maybe bullshit, or maybe not. The bigger issue might be that, even if it exists, we won't get to see it any time soon. If the previous story about this a few years back is accurate, then it's going to be a possession issue as much as anything. ie. the Osbournes don't have it. Just like the Phoenix bros footage, if it's in private hands and a deal can't be done with Sharon then we're not much closer to it.
Re believing the claim, well that comes down to whether Jodi was willing to disclose that info to the author. This book seems to be the remains of the doco, and people originally were willing to share or license various things til it fell apart, eg. Bob was hoping to share some of the grail tapes with the producers at one point. But I can understand you being cynical, Stiltzkin. It's not like we've never been disappointed before....
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Stiltzkin wrote:I changed the title, because unless there's no evidence but the guys word, its just a rumour.
more or less sober.
I am pretty sure the person interviewed, Andrew, worked with Peter Margolis on the original documentary or was helping in some way. Nothing wrong with someone passing along some info they heard first hand. Why would it be hard to believe that there are/were shows that were filmed? I don't see this information selling more books. He didn't promise the footage was going to be released. He just mentioned it was filmed. I'm sure there is going to be a boat load of information in the book that will clear things up.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Um I am sure if it existed we would have seen it by now. I am with the others I call BS. It may have existed at one point but I don't believe it is there now.