Randy Rhoads Autograph

This is the place to discuss and show your Randy Rhoads collectables.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

geoff11

Randy Rhoads Autograph

Post by geoff11 »

Sorry for the delay in posting these images, I meant to do it before now!! This is the clearer of the two signatures - the other is on the concert program but is much fainter unfortunately.
Attachments
Edinburgh Odeon 15/09/80, Blizzard of Ozz ticket.
Edinburgh Odeon 15/09/80, Blizzard of Ozz ticket.
Clear autograph for anybody to make a comparison.
Clear autograph for anybody to make a comparison.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Autograph

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

An early Ozzy gig and a very different Rhoads 'R' probably down to not having something to rest on. Have you mentioned the Edinburgh odeon gig before ?. Or did Ozzy & Co do a record store signing before the gig. Is that Lee Kerslake's signature below Randy's ?. You've got a nice piece of Ozzy / Randy memorabilia, some people would give a kidney to own one of these.
How faded is the signed programme, is it more of an imprint these days. I had an autographed ticket from 'The Who' 1981 gig. The signatures have vanished from the ticket, faded big time. I had it in a frame with other tickets from gigs.
Can you remember if Raven played on the bill with Ozzy & Budgie at this gig ?. As they played about 5 shows with Ozzy.
geoff11

Post by geoff11 »

No, the only support band were Budgie...as far as I can remember! Some friends and I waited at the back of the Edinburgh Odeon, in the days when it was still in use! We met the band coming in and they were all happy to sign autographs. The rear entrance was a mess, hidden away at the back of a rundown carpark, and we were often the only five or six people there to meet band members on arrival at The Odeon. It would never happen like that now unfortunately. Yeah, that's Lee Kerslake on there too, and the squiggle on the left is Ozzy, but his biro pen must have been on it's last legs as it's only half come out. The program actually had printed autographs on each band member's page - I got them to sign on the same page, but it has since got wet and faded (I know...don't ask!!). They were standing up, and signing the program with nothing to support it underneath, and quickly!
Randy had a tight sleeveless top on and looked painfully thin, I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was learning guitar at the time and can remember how long and thin his fingers looked. They were just perfect for the guitar. What a sad waste of a brilliant talent. It still pisses me off to this day. How many more of his solos would we have seen transcribed in guitar magazines in the last 30 years?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers Geoff we both have good memories of the 80's and it was one of my favourite gigs. The atmosphere was crazy and Ozzy had the crowd buzzing i didn't get to meet the band after the show. I was more annoyed when my mate went to a record store signing a month later and all the band signed his Blizzard album and singles. He never told me until he decided to brag and show off his stuff to me. It would of been even better if Ozzy had not cancelled his UK gigs the following year. The band would of played at my home town for 2 gigs one of them on Randy's birthday.