spaek of the devil new dvd watch

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

randy will never die
Mass Poster

spaek of the devil new dvd watch

Post by randy will never die »

watch the dvd hear http://www.youtube.com/user/hellthroaster?feature=watch

the quality is amazing its prety close to HD

the dvd bootleg that has been floating around for years and is nothing compaired to this. This is better quality and this new dvd has new diffrent camara angles that is not on the bootleg

you welcome and injoy :shock:

lovein it
meadsie

Re: spaek of the devil new dvd watch

Post by meadsie »

I have always thought that Brad's solo in Goodbye to Romance is fantastic - just love it.

does anyone have the tab or can play it? I would love to learn it.

Ta
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

meadsie wrote:I have always thought that Brad's solo in Goodbye to Romance is fantastic - just love it.

does anyone have the tab or can play it? I would love to learn it.

Ta
To play any Gillis stuff just shake the whammy bar vigorously and you are all set :D
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I have always liked this show and I also think Brad did a good job, I think he is judged to harshly.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

what do all of you think
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

I like Brads playing on the speak of the devil album, whammy heavy yes but still, it must have also been a fucling hard gig considering.

Also I have never even seen the boot leg before of this gig so this is my first viewing. I am torn in two, I am loving it and I am hating it for the fact that we do not have Randy footage of this quality.

My eyes are even leaking a wee bit.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

shawn wrote:I like Brads playing on the speak of the devil album, whammy heavy yes but still, it must have also been a fucling hard gig considering.

Also I have never even seen the boot leg before of this gig so this is my first viewing. I am torn in two, I am loving it and I am hating it for the fact that we do not have Randy footage of this quality.

My eyes are even leaking a wee bit.
hears the old one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk3YuD6chqc

you can tell the new one was remastered or restored to near or HD how do i know you can tell in the brightness and in the old dvd ozzys red shirt is well red but in the new dvd ozzys shirt is verry red the bootleg was passed around a lot in the 80s

but this new dvd of speak of the devil is from mtvs valts its the oringal footage the bootleg was recorded on a tv with a vh tape

just compare the two youtube links i have given and you will see what i mean
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Maybe I'm being a bit too soft, but it bums me out to see Brad wearing Randy's vest during that show. Also seeing Ozzy pull his hair and tries to pick him up like he did with Randy. It's the same concert that Randy was doing, so it's tough for me to watch.

It looks like Ozzy had torn a ligament trying to pick Brad up and walks away defeated. :lol:
magicvoice

Post by magicvoice »

I had stated on an earlier post about this that they had different camera angles going this time around...alot of full stage shots that werent there in the original broadcast but I was shot down and told "nothing was different"...but in this post I'm proven right...and the vocals were redone cause in 2 songs in particular "Over the Mtn" and "Steal away" Ozzy has NEVER sung the last verses correctly but he does here...and coincidentally when those lyrics are sung you have a full stage shot happening whereas you cant see Ozzy's mouth...I'm just trying to figure where they got those cause he sure cant sing like that now....I also wonder if Brad & Tommy see a dime off this? Rudy does the forward on the liner notes so he must?...curious indeed.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

like i said the old boot was filmed when mtv aired in in82 they put the footage in a big valt since ozzy or sharrion paided mtv for the footage it has been probly the first time in about 30 years that oringail film has sence the light of day

and i agree seeing brad wereing randys vest is verry painful but keep in mind that ozz asked brad to were the vest

watch verry verry verry closely at godbye to romance look at 1 30 ozzy looks over thinking that randy was there if all of look really close you can tell through the howl concert that ozzy was about to cry i am willing to bet my life that ozz did cry after that concert or during brads solo

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Speak of the devil (and Bark at the moon live AKA SLC '84) have been available legally in Japan since the 80's. I paid around $300-400 for the laserdisc (size of an album) in the 90's. I recently bought one for $30 w/the OBI strip. If I remember correctly, the laserdisc has a video/soap opera/live version look to it (I'll check this weekend) just like Afterhours but both now have a filter/filmed look. I'm not sure of the camera angles (if different) but I had noticed the overdubbing back then too. I'm sure they did the overdubbing very soon after the tour (I believe Irvine was the last date) when Ozzy could do better takes and then rest up if he wasn't hitting the notes, in a more controlled environment. Brad did a great job and I can't think of anyone who incorporated the whammy as much as him. As far as the vest, I'm guessing it wasn't Randy's. I would think they would of made one for brad considering Randy was quite petite and weighed like a buck-o-five. Watch Afterhours, his waist is as big as my leg! But yeah, it is a sad, sad tale of what should have been a triumph was really, well, more like a wake, IMHO.

P.S. - Anybody remember where the cover shot (laserdisc) was shot? It looks like a UK '80 or Port Vale '81. I dig the shooting stars on his shirt. My memory ain't what it used to be...
Attachments
OzzySpeakLD.JPG
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That shot of Ozzy was in one of the very first Kerrang magazines from 1980. So i'd say it was taking during the Blizzard UK tour. I remember that laser disc, did that version fade in and out at the start of every track. That was always annoying, i hope they've fixed that on the new edition. Where would the remaining ex-band members stand for the royalties on this rerelease. Would they have to be paid again, if they originaly had a one off payment i.e performance royalty ?.