Eric Clapton Autobiography thoughts

Talk about other music and musicians.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Eric Clapton Autobiography thoughts

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Geo Sav wrote:Paul I was thinking the same thing about Clapton. Just dumb stuff like he never made his own bed till he was in his fortys! And the stuff you brought up too. Patty was hot but that was the wife of his best friend George Harrison!
I do respect the fact that he finally grew up and changed his behavior. I wish people would show Ozzy that kind of respect.

Overall, I was surprised by the life Clapton led. I never knew much about him, but I'd never read negatives about him, so I always figured he was a decent guy. Apparently that wasn't the case - at least not until recently. Now I want to know George Harrison's view on Clapton!

The story of his son's death was just heart-wrenching. Did you realize the last day Clapton had with his son was March 19th?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Thanks for that, Alex.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Geo Sav wrote:Paul I was thinking the same thing about Clapton. Just dumb stuff like he never made his own bed till he was in his fortys! And the stuff you brought up too. Patty was hot but that was the wife of his best friend George Harrison!
I do respect the fact that he finally grew up and changed his behavior. I wish people would show Ozzy that kind of respect.

Overall, I was surprised by the life Clapton led. I never knew much about him, but I'd never read negatives about him, so I always figured he was a decent guy. Apparently that wasn't the case - at least not until recently. Now I want to know George Harrison's view on Clapton!

The story of his son's death was just heart-wrenching. Did you realize the last day Clapton had with his son was March 19th?
I did not catch that good eye Paul. I still love that Ace Frehley pic! That is terrible about his son.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm just on a HUGE Ace kick these days... it was time to have an avatar.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Awesome! I agree with that. Love the solo in Strange Ways.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The story of his son's death was just heart-wrenching. Did you realize the last day Clapton had with his son was March 19th?
actually, it was the 20th, but still close
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:The story of his son's death was just heart-wrenching. Did you realize the last day Clapton had with his son was March 19th?
actually, it was the 20th, but still close
What I said was the last day Clapton had with his son was March 19th. They went to the circus. The next morning (the 20th) Clapton was contacted as he was getting ready to go to the apartment of the boy's mother. Conor Clapton died on the morning of the 20th.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

It's weird I was driving to work this morning and stopped to get gas and they had Tears In Heaven on and I'm thinking how the hell does he get through that song without breaking down? That was such a tragedy and it's such a emotional song. Very pretty.