WHO HERE KNOWS WHAT JOE HOLMES IS DOING NOW

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

pabnero

WHO HERE KNOWS WHAT JOE HOLMES IS DOING NOW

Post by pabnero »

I need to know whats goin on with my favorite guitarist. I havent heard anything about him since Ozzy let sharon replace him. for me though zakk wylde is no match for JOE HOLMES. WHAT IS HE DOING NOWADAYS?!! I just hope he's alright, cause I know how fucked up it was what Ozzy did to him. I skipped ozzfest that year because of it. Joe Holmes is where it's at. but I want to know where HE's at.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I don't think anybody knows where he is and what he does,
except from the fact that he became a reborn christian.

maybe he just has other priorities now ?
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

I have heard he doesnt even play guitar anymore and has devoted himself to god.
Randy rocked
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

About Joe Holmes

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I have always wondered about what Joe Holmes was like. He was promoted by Ozzy as a student of Randy's. I then saw a 20th anniversary special done on Randy on youtube and they interviewed him. The guy is very cool. I then went to an Ozzy site where they discussed these issues. According to Sharen Osbourne the fans respond better to Zakk as Ozzy's guitarist. Maybe Zakk's more "dynamic" on stage, I don't know...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

randys roadie wrote:I have heard he doesnt even play guitar anymore and has devoted himself to god.
What religion can do sometimes with people...... :? What a waste, lets hope it's just a rumore. He should team up with Dave again! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About Joe Holmes

Post by skezza »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:Maybe Zakk's more "dynamic" on stage, I don't know...
Yeah, from what i know he spits beer in the air! Tbh, I dont mind Zakk, but hes got like some sort of ego problem. IMO, this is just my opinion seriously :D
The Flying Dutchman

Re: About Joe Holmes

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

skezza wrote:Yeah, from what i know he spits beer in the air! Tbh, I dont mind Zakk, but hes got like some sort of ego problem. IMO, this is just my opinion seriously :D
Next time I take an umbrella with me and hope I will make it till the end of the show! ( I'm serious too! :D )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
randys roadie wrote:I have heard he doesnt even play guitar anymore and has devoted himself to god.
What religion can do sometimes with people...... :? What a waste, lets hope it's just a rumore. He should team up with Dave again! :)
Where did you hear he doesn't play guitar anymore? I'm just curious, because accepting Christ into your life has absolutely nothing to do with playing a musical instrument.

This is a touchy subject for a lot of people, but I'm gonna say it anyway...

I think it'd be great if Joe accepted Christ and walked away from the world of metal guitar. Not that I didn't care for his playing, but rather because I think it is the best thing he could have done for himself as a person. Being a Christian myself, Christ comes first and standing onstage with a guitar is completely unimportant by comparison.

If he has indeed chosen the path of Christianity, then I'm sure he still takes the time to play his instrument. God gave him the talent AND gave him Randy Rhoads as a teacher, what better way for God to tell Joe that his calling has music as a big part of it?

My personal opinion is that he, like Randy, grew tired of the lifestyle and walked away. If he wasn't foolish with his money, he probably made enough to live comfortably for a while. He's probably doing just that, living a nice, quiet life and not living off his past accomplishments.

I wish him all the best, regardless of whether we hear from him again or not.

By the way, I'm not saying any of the rest of you thought anything different, I'm just stating my point of view.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lithead

Re: WHO HERE KNOWS WHAT JOE HOLMES IS DOING NOW

Post by lithead »

For all you Joe Holmes fans,

The first song from FARMIKOS, the new band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE/DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes, can be streamed at Farmikos.com. Holmes is joined in the new group by former LAIDLAW singer Robert "Robbie" Locke .

Says Holmes: "It's been a long time coming. I'm really proud of this music and am excited about getting it out. So far everything has been done without a label or management and we're in the process of figuring the best way to put this music out.

"I've been working with a great vocalist Robbie Locke and fortunate to have had Robert Trujillo and Brooks Wackerman guest on this set of songs along with songwriting contributions from Brent Hoffort."

http://www.farmikos.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FARMIKOS ... 41?fref=ts
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Theres some good sounding guitar on these tunes--I look forward to the cd
lithead

Post by lithead »

Latest update on Joe Holmes December 20, 2013 - Farmikos, the new L.A. band featuring former Ozzy Osbourne and David Lee Roth guitarist Joe Holmes and vocalist Robbie Locke (ex-Laidlaw), have announced a tentative February 2014 release for their eponymous digital debut EP.

Holmes says: "We've got these 5 songs to kick things off and will be finishing another five when Robbie comes back to L.A. in January to lay down vocals for another EP we're planning for summer 2014."

"Farmikos" track listing:

01. Scapegoat
02. Kings Of Dust
03. Sound Of My Gun
04. Exit Stencils
05. Spoon And Sun

Exit-Stencils (teaser)

Spoon and Sun (teaser)

Scapegoat (teaser)

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/farmikos

Web site