Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen Question.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen Question.

Post by Geo Sav »

I know Quiet Riot opened for Van Halen. Did Randy and Eddie ever actually meet?
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads and Eddie Van Halen Question.

Post by Tito »

Geo really!!?you been a member here way longer than me and you dont know the answer to that?
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Honestly tito I have been a fan of both forever. I don't think know alot of there interactions though. Randy was always more open and kinder of the two about either of the two and there playing.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

yes randy and eddie did meet they both edmired each others playing how could they both not meet

just imageinge if they meet today and had a solo or guitar battle together most epic thing ever they both have mind blowing solos

just think about what i have said here
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

Why have them play against each other, imagine what they could do if collaborating together. With Randy's music knowledge and classical side with Eddie's in your face style, I would do anything to hear that album
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Ed is my favorite guitarist.Ed's a jerk.From the club days onward.RR didnt talk about him much cuz im sure ed snubbed him at the clubs.From the way evh has backstabbed all his singers and MA he s just not a nice dude.Some of the stuff he says on youtube is really,really nasty.
Love his playing.Phenomenal.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've got a sound clip somewhere of a Quiet Riot gig and Kevin says he sees the members of Van Halen in the crowd... you know Ed watched Randy play, if only to see who everyone was talking about...

I agree with you, Oth, Ed isn't a great human being, but, damn, the boy can play!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

i dont think ed has ever acknowledged any other guitarist from the 80s shred fest.I mean come on,no comment?And the jas obrecht interview where he says randy copied him?HAHAHA!
EVH just seems very insecure and immature imo.I think with evh the more he says he doesnt like something,probably just the opposite is true i.e. he says he never liked hendrix but man i wonder who inspired his whammy work?Clapton,my azz.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

See this is why I brought this topic up. It is interesting to see that you guys see what I saw too. Eddie is a kick ass player but has never been to nice of guy as far as other guitar players that came out around him. In the audio that leaked out from a interview around when Randy died he thought it was terrible about the accident but said Randy never did anything new and sounded like him.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

There was a quote somewhere,- told by Delores Rhoads, that Randy had been shopping records and seen Eddie buying records at the same store and among the records that Eddie had picked up was none else than Diary Of A Madman!!! Randy was said to been very pleased about that. Don´t really know whereabouts of that story, but... kinda nice story anyway. :P
Mikel
white gold

Post by white gold »

stealaway wrote:There was a quote somewhere,- told by Delores Rhoads, that Randy had been shopping records and seen Eddie buying records at the same store and among the records that Eddie had picked up was none else than Diary Of A Madman!!! Randy was said to been very pleased about that. Don´t really know whereabouts of that story, but... kinda nice story anyway. :P
What a great story!
Please visit my youtube for guitar videos http://www.youtube.com/user/yngvai777
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

i d like to believe that too good to be true story.Sounds more like urban myth.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:And the jas obrecht interview where he says randy copied him?HAHAHA!
I've got the audio of that phone interview as well... Eddie isn't sounding overly egotistical when he said that. He said that he'd read in interviews that Randy said everything he knew he learned from copying Ed... what Ed read, who knows. I've never read that... but in the same discussion, Ed said he thought Randy was good but didn't feel he (Randy) was doing anything that he (Ed) hadn't done, then he asks Jas what he (Jas) thinks, and Ed asked him for and honest assessment... Jas tells Ed that the first time he heard randy, he thought it was a guy copying Ed. Ed also says there's nothing wrong with that, and that he'd copied many other guys himself.

We Randy fans get bent over that quote, but in context it's not the same. Ed also discusses the plane crash, but that part of the interview is never brought up...

Oh, and the record store thing? I believe Ed listened to Diary, because he was a Sabbath fan and he was probably curious how Ozzy was doing, but I doubt Randy was there to see Ed buy the record in a store... sounds like urban legend for sure. Ed probably bought the cassette :wink:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

whats up paul?also in that phone interview you can clearly tell that eddie was comin down from a night of heavy partying!!!it comes off as nasty but eddie has for some reason always been insecure..and take into consideration when hes doin the interview hes fucked up and his insecurities are 2 fold so the truth of a persons feelings almost always come out when theyre under the influence..just my feelings on that..i did read a long time ago he was seen buying doam dont know how true that is though..
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito wrote:whats up paul?also in that phone interview you can clearly tell that eddie was comin down from a night of heavy partying!!!
I'm listening to the interview right now, it's one hour fifteen minutes long and he doesn't sound hungover to me... he did just mention the Floyd Rose device being developed by himself in conjunction with Flod and how it was going to be marketed as the 'Eddie Van Halen Tremolo'... so, yeah, ego abounded forever.