Joe Holmes new record

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tedeeoo
Madman

Joe Holmes new record

Post by tedeeoo »

This may be old news to some of you, but on rig-talk.com (I think), there is a thread about Joe and it mentions that he is putting finishing touches on a new project that will be out soon. It was described as having some of the "sickest" guitar playing and tones that you have ever heard and it has vocals (not Joe) also. Apparently the person posting this info knows Joe pretty well or at least seems to. Joe is spoken very highly of for his days with Ozzy also.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re: Joe Holmes new record

Post by axeman_12656 »

hmmm.... any more word on this?
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

1 year bump, 2 year bump ...

just because I'd like to hear it too
lithead

Post by lithead »

Just wanted to let you all know that Joe only has a few dubs and the final mix left to do on these songs. The studio is booked now for the beginning of April to finish and they'll be something to hear soon afterwards. This will be the mark his first appearance since leaving Ozzy's band. I've listened to the raw tracks and was totally blown away, he's really has created something truly special and it shows. I've attached a couple of new photos of him in the studio with his singer Robbie, there is also a link to a facebook fan page if anyone's interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/82335692751/
Doing solo's
Doing solo's
Joe with his acoustic and Robbie
Joe with his acoustic and Robbie
Joe and Robbie on the wall
Joe and Robbie on the wall
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Exited to hear something! I really dug Joe. Keep us posted.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Please keep us updated, I'd really like to hear what he comes up with.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool! Can't. Wait to hear it.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Former Ozzy Guitarist Joe Holmes Returns With New Band

(Gibson) Former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Joe Holmes has released the first music by his new band, Farmikos.
Holmes was Ozzy's guitarist during for a five-year period, beginning when Zakk Wylde departed the band in the mid '90s and ending when Zakk returned. At the beginning of Holmes's time in Ozzy's band, Zakk was on the verge of becoming Slash's co-guitarist in Guns N' Roses.

As for Holmes, he's had quite the interesting career. Aside from several Ozzfest tours with Ozzy - and participation in the writing sessions for the Ozzman's Down To Earth album - he played with Lizzy Borden and also replaced Jason Becker in David Lee Roth's band for the A Little Ain't Enough tour, when Becker had to bow out due to his diagnosis with ALS.

Holmes's Ozzy link stretches back to his guitar teacher: one Mr. Randy Rhoads. "Not only was Randy my favorite guitar player, but he was also a really cool person," Holmes told Guitar School magazine's Jeff Kitts in 1995. "I'm not into idolizing people, but Randy was the perfect guy to look up to and want to take after." So what was it like to learn from one of metal's guiding lights? "Learning from Randy was an incredible experience," Holmes said. "At one time I stopped going to school so I could stay home all day and practice what he taught me."

Former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Joe Holmes has released the first music by his new band, Farmikos.

The song can be streamed at the Farmikos website, http://www.farmikos.com.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Decemb ... Band.shtml
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
lithead

Post by lithead »

Man that tune kicks ass!!! On the FARMIKOS' facebook page is Joe's first public statement in 12 years.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FARMIKOS ... 41?fref=ts

FARMIKOS
12 hours ago
Happy New Year Everyone!
It's been a long time coming. I'm really proud of this music and am excited about getting it out. So far everything has been done without a label or management and we're in the process of figuring the best way to put this music out.

I've been working with a great vocalist Robbie Locke and fortunate to have had Robert Trujillo and Brooks Wackerman guest on this set of songs along with song writing contributions from Brent Hoffort.

Stay tuned for more to come!
Joe Holmes~
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool! Gotta check this out.
lithead

Post by lithead »

There is another thread that has details on his new album

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8841
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

So I bought the new album by Joe...really for a couple of reasons, the video excerpts here, plus I listened to his interview with Eddie Trunk, seems like a real nice guy, I also saw him live with Ozzy..

Farmikos sounds like a modernized Alice n Chains, there are some ripping diminished licks, but other than than that, I give it a "C"...Basic answer call rhythms, half tones, a few pedal tricks and some decent muted flurries...

Disappointing..
devorerd
Cool Member

Post by devorerd »

So the tunes are growing on me a bit, Joe plays some killer scalar solo's...Not much melody, but great technique...Good guitar tone as well...