Hello

A place to say hello and introduce yourself.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Mick

Hello

Post by Mick »

Hey All,

Glad I could be a part of your site. I am a guitarist (better part of 31years), who has played perfessionally, and I would like to share with you Randys' influence on me. I remember always liking music, I took classical piano from 5-8 years old then started playing drums from 9, but I feel in love with the guitar, just never took the time to learn. Always thought it was too hard and my hands were to small, but I went to see alot of concerts, and remembered seeing Rick Derringer opening for Mahogany Rush and was blown away by how he played. Thought to myself I can do this, then in '77 or '78 I saw a rock scene magazine, top LA unsigned bands issue, and there was a picture of Quiet Riot, and the first time I saw Randy. Funny, because I didn't really play guitar, but thought wow he must be good, (just got a feeling), so when I heard Ozzy had a new band coming out I wanted to find out who the members were, and as soon as I saw Randys' name, good or bad I was hooked, needless to say it was good. And he has been a huge part of my musical developement and my life ever since. He's been gone for almost 30 years, yet not a day goes by that I don't reference something musical from him, or go search for a RR lesson on youtube just so I have something new to work on. I want to thank all of you, for videos, audio, audio lessons, photos and stories you post for the fans to be able to have a little Randy in our lives. Thank you from a fan and Thanks for letting me part of this site,...

Peace
Mick Layne
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Hello

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Welcome, Mick... I have also been playing guitar for ages (since '81) and still find things to learn from Randy. It's good to have you here, I hope you enjoy the place.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Thanks Paul,

Yes, just reading through the different areas, it is nice to see so many fans, that remember he was a guitar hero, but, also a good human being. You always hope your heros, growing up, are what you think they would be like. Looking forward for a chance to join in on discussions. Be well,...

Peace
Mick
Argentina

a great idea

Post by Argentina »

Great Idea , Sir
dutasteride really helps
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thanks for your intro & signing up here Mick! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Mick and welcome to UR.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Thank You All, for the warm welcome. You have all put an amazing site together. As long as there are people like you folks on the internet, Randys' memory will never fade, and I for one am grateful for that. Thank You so much, and keep up the great work, you all Rock!,...

Peace
Mick
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

Hello to you too, Mick.

I'm glad that you've joined our site.