Phoenix Bros Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jimiforrest

Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by jimiforrest »

Not sure if this has been covered already but I wonder if the Phoenix Bros. footage is broken up like the Palladium footage due to film length limitations.
clashradio
Cool Member

Re: Phoenix Bros Footage

Post by clashradio »

I'm pretty sure the format of their footage is Super 8, not video tape so if it is, then yes, it would be "broke up" If you shoot at 18fps, each cartridge holds 3 min 20 sec. If you shoot at 24fps you get 2 min 40 seconds of footage time on the cart. And maybe their cameras didn't have sound? The only way to get the whole show would be to use a video camera (tape) or having multi film cameras running. A concert that was filmed using say three 16mm film cameras would be a dream come true. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the look of video tape. But like with the After Hours show, I'm thankful it was pro recorded.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea, they were using Super 8's much like the one I still own today. The film goes really quick and many models of the Super 8 did not have an audio device, so one would film while the other used a tape recorder... There are stills from the Phoenix bro's film somewhere in the forums.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

this has been discussed the footage is only video no audio...its a whole show focused on randy..scroll down a bit for the old update http://themetalden.com/index.php?s=randy+rhoads+footage
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

googly moogly
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

TAB wrote:they have their reasons and I respect that. Don't completely agree with it though.
I agree with you completely.

It seems like some just can't get that this is the brother's footage. If they don't want to release it for whatever reason, it's their choice. It sucks, but we can't do anything about it and bitching about how they're "greedy" won't help.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Get your points guys!
Though I don't mind that once in a while someone mentions this footage here so that at least it won't be forgotten it's still out there.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
billeci

Post by billeci »

greed,hoarding and having something others dont, sad thing they have the tapes and refuse to let others share in RRs talent and there is so little , obviuosly they will not say a thing on this board or any forum, im pissed!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Everyone has a right to keep what they have to themselves. Just because we are fans doesn't mean we have the right to see this stuff. The owners of it don't owe any of us anything. Getting upset about it is just a wast of energy.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Just because we are fans doesn't mean we have the right to see this stuff.
true, but we're still a possible source of income, if money is what they want for it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

If anyone really has film and really wants money, they'd have sold it by now.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Paul Wolfe wrote:If anyone really has film and really wants money, they'd have sold it by now.
It depends on HOW they'd want to make the money.

Sell the footage to a private collector? Sure, they can get away with that. They haven't done that, so we can guess that's not what they want to do.

Market the footage to make more money off of it? They can't do that without the Osbourne's permission, and we all know that won't happen.

We know they have the film, we've seen stills of it thanks to TAB, we just don't know what they want/if they even want to do anything with it.
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Could they be looking for a half decent audio bootleg of the concert & match it up with the video before releasing it? that has always been a thought of mine of why they wont release it - yet
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

It's possible. I just doubt that'd be the reason they're not releasing it.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

TAB wrote:you know I gotta chime in on this :P

That Metal Den is a bunch of rubbish, and had nothing to do with the box set as I 1st said when they posted those personal photos given to me.

yes it was broken up into parts but I it seemed to be a little more complete on some songs than the Palladium but was cut off. It's super 8 so yea you got to change film rolls. Also it was right in front of Randy and Ozzy so in that respect better than Palladium, way way better. One thing to know there were 2 cameras. So it seemed a little more cause there were say 2 angles of Over the Mountain and some other songs.

This footage has become old news and sadly will never come out I feel and I know its going to piss people off me saying it but don't kill the messenger. I don't own it. If I did it would have been released some way, but they have their reasons and I respect that. Don't completely agree with it though.
Hey TAB,
If you don't mind, I like to have some more insight about those brothers:

1) Did they film other artists as well?
2) Did they ever sell/shared anything from other artists they filmed?
3) For what purpose they filmed concerts? Just for private enjoyment, or...
4) Are they big Randy fans?
5) How came to surface that these brothers have that Randy footage? I mean why did they mention having this footage if they don't want to share/sell/show anyone? It would make life much easier for them when nobody knows..... So why did they tell? At least they showed you some of it, I'm glad they did, but why?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.