Brads gear.

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Brads gear.

Post by Stiltzkin »

Does anybody know which gear Brad used ?!

I'm talking guitars, amps, effects ... everything :!:
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

I will compile the list and post it tomorrow...just got back from a gig in Maine...and I am BEAT!!!! lol

Stephanie
<3 <3 <3
THE Gillis Girl

PS
Brad's main guitar has always been his 1962 modified Fender Strat...complete with the ORIGINAL Floyd Rose....
Last edited by THE Gillis Girl on Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deansolo
Cool Member

Re: Brads gear.

Post by deansolo »

Stiltzkin wrote:Does anybody know which gear Brad used ?!

I'm talking guitars, amps, effects ... everything :!:
Don't know much about Brad's gear....Great guitarist tho'! did a great job with the Oz and his work with Night Ranger is top shelf.
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
LHuskey

Post by LHuskey »

Not sure either what all he uses, mostly the red fender. Occasionally you see something different, especially when he plays close to home. He has one that is painted like a zipper that is pretty cool.

Linda
res

Post by res »

Brad emailed me his Ozzy-era gear list once, and from what I remember he was using Boogie cab(s) with mkII (?) head(s) with a digital delay, while his tech also had a remote for lead on/off in case Brad was away from his pedal board during solos. I think his Strat is a '62, and I think the neck is a different year with an added fret, and PJ Marxx pickups. The Yahoo group should have more details, and perhaps he was using Boogie combos during recording, at least from few intereviews I've read.
On the SOTD video, you can see a Marshall cabinet off to the side of the stage, as well as his black-sunburst (black/red?) Strat (for Eb songs), and Les Paul with a Floyd Rose for Paranoid.

I hope that ties you over for a bit until we get the complete list. lol
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I knew about the pickups.

Wonder where they can be bought :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Look for Brad's guitar instruction video on emule or kazaa, he goes pretty in depth about his equipment on that video...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

THE Gillis Girl ... we're still waiting for the gear rundown :D
jaymz1968

Post by jaymz1968 »

i think the guy who listed his equipment earlier was right on the nose-but i think he used more than a digital delay for the pedal board-you can definitely hear different sounds on the live speak album-he did get a excellent sound-i dig this speak album-excellent for the covers of sabbath-top notch i say--------------------------------
Thanx jaymz 1968