Its All On Youtube...

An archive of Randy Rhoads video.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Its All On Youtube...

Post by Jazznroll »

Eventhogh its on the wrong side of the stage and you hardly see randy it still charms me because its like being stage side, still magic for me. Roll on the ny footage
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Not on speaking terms with Oz? Never heard this. Never heard of the fire rehire stuff either. Were they not all traveling on the same bus? Never read Rudy's book, but maybe I should.

I don't see how you can really tell or say who is having fun and who is not. If I was on a bus with someone I was not getting along with the actual concert performance would probably be when you were the most happy.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Geo Sav wrote:I wish it were on Randys side of the stage but, very happy that we have it.
I know! I, like everyone else, just want to see more Randy, and less of Ozzy's patented schtick, Rudy's hilarious bass-hitting, and Tommy's intense drumming. Really, they're great players, but their stage moves....

Randy is truly the only one that "owns" the stage, and just shreds. It's like he's miles ahead of everyone else, guitar-wise. Even in this mediocre footage, he shines. Not many players hit parts spot on like this, night after night.

It's tragic he left us so soon; you can just see him waiting to break out. Truly, he was the jewel in this band's crown; it's not hard to see why people would remember his playing above all else from the show.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

distortionplus wrote:Not on speaking terms with Oz? Never heard this. Never heard of the fire rehire stuff either. Were they not all traveling on the same bus? Never read Rudy's book, but maybe I should.

I don't see how you can really tell or say who is having fun and who is not. If I was on a bus with someone I was not getting along with the actual concert performance would probably be when you were the most happy.
I disagree. You can tell when a band is firing on all cylinders, and truly having fun playing. It's obvious, and they're smiling, there's a tangible energy, that kind of thing. This does not look like a band that's incredibly happy.

You can fake being happy on stage (Ozzy), but it's pretty obvious when people aren't. Just my feeling after viewing the footage, take it for what you will.
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Man, on OTM they completely left out the beginning of the concert/intro that is on the dvd. I have the box, it's pretty cool to see Randy walking out, also to see Oz come out of the exploding chair.

btw, the After Hours footage is much more clear on the dvd. Hope everyone realizes that, being youtube and all.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Wow, thanks to whoever put this up. Great to see more footage!

It just shows that the band behind Ozzy was MUCH better than him, though. They are solid, and Ozzy is kinda "meh". He certainly wasn't as polished (if you can call it that) as in later years in his solo career.

There is no doubt in my mind Randy would have bailed on him had the accident not happened. It's easy to see how Oz's schtick would wear thin. Nobody really looks like they're having fun, sadly.
I became a big ozz/rhoads fan after the accident.I was looking so forward to seeing oz on tour in 1984 and the batm lp.Both were huge disasters after all the anticipation.Batm is a great song but the rest is bad filler and the live show was terrible.Ozzy looks like a monkey fool who doesnt know what to do onstage.Contrast that to van halen w/dlr-now thats a show.
Randy said himself that being in ozzy was like being in Kiss which is no compliment-this was in post-kiss-disco-solo-artist-pre-nostalgia-era. :roll:
Yeah he couldnt wait to get out.
RR saved ozzy's ass.In fact ozzy owes everything to RR for writing 2 great albums that made ozzy relevant.No rr means no fucking beverly hills mansion or reality show.The rhoads family should be living that lifestyle or at least ozzy should send them an 8 digit check.Have you seen the condition of musonia at times-peeling paint abound and a little dilapidated.When you think that this belongs to the family that made ozzy a gazillionaire it seems grossly insulting.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

COme guys, how can you tell that they dont have any fuN?? THey are playing on a huge fucking stage like they are ten miles away from each other! you just assume that they dont have fun but you dont know shit... I play music myself in a band and i dont have a fucking smile in my face each time play and that dont mean i dont enjoy what im doing and my bandmate... That stage is huge man..
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

fortress wrote:COme guys, how can you tell that they dont have any fuN?? THey are playing on a huge fucking stage like they are ten miles away from each other! you just assume that they dont have fun but you dont know shit... I play music myself in a band and i dont have a fucking smile in my face each time play and that dont mean i dont enjoy what im doing and my bandmate... That stage is huge man..
Really? They're having fun but you can't tell because it's a huge stage? Sorry, man, but these guys do not look like they're enjoying what's going on. Looks like another night for them. Not that every night has to be stellar or exciting, but they don't look like they're going to break out in a round of high fives here. I might not play in a band, but watching basic human interactions tells the tale here. All you have to do is observe.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

its what i'm saying, they dont have any interaction because of the big stage. LIke people stated Rudy had to stay in his little square, Ramdy on his side and Tommy, how the fuck can TOmmy interact with each other when he is 50 feet in the air? Add the fact that they had some sound problem, that doenst help (read rudy book)

You people are just searching for all bit of trouble when they are any

We know that Randy wanted to leave but that doenst mean he was not having fun
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

fortress wrote:its what i'm saying, they dont have any interaction because of the big stage. LIke people stated Rudy had to stay in his little square, Ramdy on his side and Tommy, how the fuck can TOmmy interact with each other when he is 50 feet in the air? Add the fact that they had some sound problem, that doenst help (read rudy book)

You people are just searching for all bit of trouble when they are any

We know that Randy wanted to leave but that doenst mean he was not having fun
I've read Rudy's book. The gigs are described as being a grind, and the overall tone at times seems as though people weren't happy. How is this "causing trouble"? It's an observation, feel free to disagree! It's all in the spirit of good debate!
myhero

Post by myhero »

Thanks for the links...loving it.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

To be in a band is sometimes a grind. Working with Ozzy, I'd imagine, would be a bit like working with someone I use to work with, how much will he drink tonight?.....will he take anything??? what condition will he be in on stage tonight..??? will this show be a high or a low?? how sloppy are the vocals going to be tonight...?? and all the other questions that run through your head, that after a short period of time, ruin the fun of being in a band.

We all love Randy Rhoads, and his playing, but that doesn't mean he, or anyone else in the band, was happy to be there after a certain point in time.

Perhaps thats one of the reasons Randy was going to leave after the tour, we'll never know the answer.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

rokket wrote:To be in a band is sometimes a grind. Working with Ozzy, I'd imagine, would be a bit like working with someone I use to work with, how much will he drink tonight?.....will he take anything??? what condition will he be in on stage tonight..??? will this show be a high or a low?? how sloppy are the vocals going to be tonight...?? and all the other questions that run through your head, that after a short period of time, ruin the fun of being in a band.

We all love Randy Rhoads, and his playing, but that doesn't mean he, or anyone else in the band, was happy to be there after a certain point in time.

Perhaps thats one of the reasons Randy was going to leave after the tour, we'll never know the answer.

Well, they don't smile you say?? You never have a clear picture of Randy on this video so....
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I don't think many metal bands smile on stage. Bands want to own / dominate that stage, destroy it. Not use it as a playground. The band did smile and laugh a lot on after hours. But since we are all quoting Rudys book let me quote it also... Rudy said we all that the after hours shoot was "cheesy".
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

oth wrote: I became a big ozz/rhoads fan after the accident.I was looking so forward to seeing oz on tour in 1984 and the batm lp.Both were huge disasters after all the anticipation.Batm is a great song but the rest is bad filler and the live show was terrible.Ozzy looks like a monkey fool who doesnt know what to do onstage.Contrast that to van halen w/dlr-now thats a show.
Randy said himself that being in ozzy was like being in Kiss which is no compliment-this was in post-kiss-disco-solo-artist-pre-nostalgia-era. :roll:
Yeah he couldnt wait to get out.
RR saved ozzy's ass.In fact ozzy owes everything to RR for writing 2 great albums that made ozzy relevant.No rr means no fucking beverly hills mansion or reality show.The rhoads family should be living that lifestyle or at least ozzy should send them an 8 digit check.Have you seen the condition of musonia at times-peeling paint abound and a little dilapidated.When you think that this belongs to the family that made ozzy a gazillionaire it seems grossly insulting.
You do have a good point. However, I think that the reason Musonia is not repainted or remodeled is because the family wanted to keep it that way. Not in bad shape, but all original. They don't want to mess with it. Maybe they will have to paint the outside some day. I'm sure the Rhoads family are receiving some kind of royalties from Randy's recordings. They are just tight lipped and keeping it private. Just my opinion.