Who made Randy's pedalboard ?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Who made Randy's pedalboard ?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

If I remember correctly Kevin Dubrow said that Pete Cornish build it......
But Pete said he didn't. :? When checking the client list on Pete's website Randy's name is not there either.
So who made the 'Chippan' ?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Dazz2814

Post by Dazz2814 »

Randy built it, didnt he? I'm pretty sure he said in one of his interviews that he custom build his own pedal board.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

It was Pete Holmes, I believe, who is thanked on Blizzard as Pete "Pedalboard" Holmes. Not sure how they wrote pedalboard.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Follis wrote:It was Pete Holmes, I believe, who is thanked on Blizzard as Pete "Pedalboard" Holmes. Not sure how they wrote pedalboard.
Thanks!
You right, on the Blizzard cover it says: "Special thanks to: - blah, blah etc, Pete (Pedalboard) Holmes". Since I rarely listen to those studio records I never noticed it. :oops: And I think Kevin confused the backname then.

Did some searching for Pete Holmes:

I'd really like to know more about the pedal system you use on stage. Who built it and what personal input did you have into its design?

"I've used many, many pedal systems which might be featured in yet another forthcoming publication of mine about effects, pedal boards, amps, and all that sort of stuff, and I'm in the very initial stages of working on. If you're referring to, say, KEYS TO ASCENSION, it was a put together system with two volume pedals, wah-wahs, fuzz-box and a selector switch which meant I could go round different ways from a stereo lead, or a mono lead, and go to three different setups, two amps and an effects rack. I had one built ten years ago by Pete Holmes, the company was called Quark, and he now works in Marion Heights Studio, in Montreal, Canada. But he made a brilliant pedal board and if I need one I've got one."
See: http://stevehowe.com/archives/archives3.html

Would be nice if someone could track him done for an interview about the 'chippan' he build for Randy.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Just wanted to upload a pic...
Attachments
randy rhoads 001.jpg
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I wonder if Pete still makes and designs pedal boards. I also wonder if anyone has circuit diagrams of Randys board. That would be a great signature board :D