Ultimate Rhoads 25th gift (Artwork)

Post your artwork here, and share others artwork.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ultimate Rhoads 25th gift (Artwork)

Post by Trigger »

Hello UR members

Here is a gift that I organized on behalf of the site.

I arranged this with the help of Frank, I hope you like it. It has been in the planning for the past few months Randy’s sister Kathy selected the picture that I used to create this image of her brother. In conversation I said that the picture I wanted to create had to reflect how the Rhoads family saw Randy. After checking many photographs Kathy said that this picture showed Randy as she and the rest of the family remember him. She said that his eyes were full of love and had real depth and this image conveys Randy the brother and the son.

I am delighted with how the portrait has turned out and I hope you will all agree with me that this image is more personal than the way that us Randy Rhoads fans see him, with the guitar slung around him creating those amazing riffs and solo’s. As I write this Randy’s close friend and student Frank will be presenting this to the Rhoads family on behalf of us at UR and in a broader sense all of the fans from all sites all over the world. Kathy agreed with me that this portrait should remain a secret until it was presented to Delores, Kelli and herself today, the 25th anniversary of Randy’s sad passing.

I want to thank Frank who is a Gent and also over the past few months become a good friend of mine for keeping this project secret and helping make it possible, Kathy for her help and confidence in me to create the image of her brother. My good friend Gina (Sarab) who is making the other presentations for UR in San Bernardino today (accept my virtual hug).

Me saying goodbye to the portrait the day it began it's long journey across the Atlantic!

To all of you here, thanks for the time you give to the site that Skezza (I could not wish for a better friend) and I created and I hope you all enjoy seeing the picture.
Last edited by Trigger on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rockermel
Cool Member

Post by rockermel »

Oh my,Ian I am speechless..this portrait is breathtaking..THANK U
mate!! I am SO honored to be a part of this Rhoads "family" ~ it
truly is a special part of my life talking with fellow fans.
Nobody can top this site in my opinion..it's one of a kind :)
Take care Ian..u are a great person.
Hugs,Mel 8)
goodbye to all the best
I guess that we'll meet
we'll meet in the end
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Melly66/1294-oz-blizzard-ran-0000.jpg[/img]
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Ultimate Rhoads gift to the Rhoads family

Post by siro_angel »

I want to thank Frank and Gina aswell as they have both been great friends to me on this board, they have helped me see the best in myself and they both showed me what true friends are, yeah admittedly i aint met them yet, but Gina has shown me that I have a lot to live for and Frank showed me that we all have a peice of Randy within ourselves and it was a honour having them both as my friends :)

I cannot wait for the photos and reports of this day :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Wonderful job Trig! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I took photos of Frank presenting the portrait to Delores, as well as Meradith. We will have to collaberate on the photos, and maybe post them together.
Unfortunately, I was not able to "present" the plant baskets to Delores, Kathy and her husband, Richard, Kelle and his wife, Veronica and to Jodi.
I did, however, mention it to Kathy's husband, and told him who was to get them. I also mentioned it to Jodi, who said that it was sweet to think of her.

Ian...
SO many people complimented on how wonderfully talented you are. The way that the graphite "glistened" when you moved it was just so extraordinary and beautiful. There was a lady there, that was a professional photographer for the documentay, and she took quite a few photos of it. So don't be surprised if it winds up in the documentary.

I'll talk with frank, and we'll have to do a "combo" post! If there is a way that it could be done, we'd do it.

Thank you Ian, for giving that wonderful portrait to the Rhoads family.
You, my friend are VERY talented, and keep up the wonderful work!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

agreed, it was a wonderful day. quite chaotic however, and joe, ian, please accept my apologies for not calling from the memorial. there was a constant crush around the family and my brainstorm to have delores talk to you just didn't materialize. plenty of photos to share though. stand by.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Very beautiful Ian!! You already know I'm a big fan of your work!!
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I am pleased you all like it, I will talk further about it and what went into creating it when I have more time.

Frank & Gina;

I will open a thread for you to add you pictures into if thats OK and make it into a sticky. I will also make this thread and the letters thread into sticky's (for a few weeks) so they are noticed by people just stopping by and to let everyone know what we, as a site, did to commemorate Randy on this milestone anniversary.

PS Gina & Frank, Thanks for all you did for all of us who couldn't be with you in San Bernardino. I count you as true friends, now get some rest. Gina, you had quite a trek! :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
chelrob

Post by chelrob »

That's awesome man. I just got here and I'm catching up but that is very cool :)
12/31/1981, LA Sports Arena... I was there :)
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

That's a lovely portrait you've done on the legendary Guitarist Randy Rhoads, Trigger. You've captured his light/Soul & Spirit quite beautifully: the eyes are the window to the Soul. I bet it was very difficult parting with it but do remember it's in good hands with The RHOADS Family. God Bless! :D
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Shadow wrote:That's a lovely portrait you've done on the legendary Guitarist Randy Rhoads, Trigger. You've captured his light/Soul & Spirit quite beautifully: the eyes are the window to the Soul. I bet it was very difficult parting with it but do remember it's in good hands with The RHOADS Family. God Bless! :D
Thanks for the kind words, I am happy that the family have it in safe hands. I hope that they enjoy it in the years to come. :) I hope that I did Randy the justice he deserves.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: Ultimate Rhoads 25th gift (Artwork)

Post by Axeman1956 »

I couldn't draw a stick figure Randy... That's amazing!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Killer!!! Great job.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

honestly, it's got some Freddie Mercury characteristics 8)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stiltzkin wrote:honestly, it's got some Freddie Mercury characteristics 8)
Me or the picture?