Add Gus G. To The List

The guitarists of the Ozzy Osbourne band who never recorded with him.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Add Gus G. To The List

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Whether or not it lasts is anyone's guess but I think we should put Gus's name up there at the top. He has performed on the SCREAM album so he is officially the new guitar player. I saw the Jimmy Kimmel clip of him playing Shot In The Dark. Very well done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03_8Tze7tgo
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Add Gus G. To The List

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I mindlessly typed in Ozzy to Spotify, even though I have want I do it out of force of habit hoping some new RR stuff will miraculously appear. Anyway, I saw the new tracks from Scream and after hearing a few I don't mind admitting I was pleasantly surprised. Surprised enough that when my wife came in the room (who loves Zakk the best of all the Ozzy guitarists) and said she thought this sounded the best Ozzy stuff she had heard in a while, I had to agree!

I love what I have heard of Gus and yes some new space for him is a must!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Whipper
Cool Member

Re: Add Gus G. To The List

Post by Whipper »

I bought the Scream album a couple months ago, and have been loving it a lot! It's quite melodic with lots of really cool riffs. I certainly think it's Ozzy's best in a very long time. And yes, Gus G does deserves a spot here soon enough. He actually had formal training in a conservatory back in his homeland of Greece. He went to Berklee too on a scholarship, but dropped out after a couple weeks.
Ric