Blue Days

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ptate
Cool Member

Blue Days

Post by ptate »

Loved every minute of writing this and hope you like it too. Not as experimental as my last, but bloody good fun to write and play (even my harmonica playing...haha)

It's a journey from the start of the 20th century blues hounds, through 20's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 00's. The Russian is the Chernobyl news broadcast 25 minutes after the event..!!

The guitar behemoths of Robert Johnson, Hendrix, Page, Gibbons and mighty Zakk inspired it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_mG5Z-MOM8

PEACE.
ptate
Cool Member

Re: Blue Days

Post by ptate »

Sorry if the link failed early....Just me being dumb....D'oh..!!

Should work now....... :oops:
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Okay ... I checked it out Pete , .. I thought it was somewhat interesting but I could'nt fully get into it , I'm just not diggin' the "rubato" feel to it and lack of rhythm .. there's no drive to it and it just meanders along , sorry for the "Simon Cowell " but I'm just being honest Pete .

Cheers
................................................................Image...............................................................................
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Aaaaw, please Sharon.....Please let me through to the next round....I'm doin' it for me gran....... 8)

Nah Ritchie, it's each to his own.....Personally I love a very diverse and eclectic mix of styles etc. (depends which side of the bed I wake up). In addition, I really want to experiment and develop a sense of overall musicality, so writing tunes likes this helps. For the rest of my time it's kids, full time job and DIY....Ah well.... :lol:

This was written as a piece that signified major events and put them into a blues context, not a drawing pad for me to scribble over (like I want to at times); so taking that into context (to me), it works......Alas, I am beset by the critics and must fall on my wakazashi...... :shock:

Take it easy. Peace.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

(Mattalina Holden enters the debate with Simon and Peers)

Hi Pete darling (cleavage showing too ;) )

You are just what this competition is about. Yes, it was rough around the edges; but what I am curious is, was that the intention? I felt judging by your last piece in the first round that it was. I did feel It needed to move up a gear after a minute or so..maybe a key change or different instrumentation??

I kind of liked the laid back way it was delivered though. A yes from me...now to Peers...

Mattalina
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Mattalina hon .. please wax or shave that rug between your boozies before wearing that shirt again .. ok love ? thanks :-)
................................................................Image...............................................................................