Update

Site info, Site suggestions, Site problems are all posted here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Update

Post by skezza »

Hey Everyone,

Hope you aren't too confused at the change :lol:

We've had to upgrade the software and that is why UltimateRhoads is looking a little different. We're going to change it over the next few days so we want your feedback.

Firstly, if you are having any problems with the site such as cookies (By that I mean, it logging you out 10 seconds after you login etc) or not receiving e-mails when PM's are received, make sure you post here. Upgrading software can sometimes come with a few issues and we just want to iron them out as soon as possible.

Secondly, we're looking for your feedback on the sites look. Everything from colour scheme to amount of forums. Keep us posted.

Finally, we switched to PHPBB3 without really giving you an option so I'm thinking, do you like it? If not, there are alternatives:

Dragonfly - Like www.jakeelee.com uses.
or one of the many others. So keep me posted on what you think about alternatives maybe?

Thanks to everyone who checked in while we were down by logging onto the chat facility. Once again, it seems demand for this is high, so I will offer you the question... "Do you want a chat facility". Currently, you can access the one I threw together for the downtime by going to chat.php (its missing a style sheet and the picture, but it still works).

We've been meaning to do this for a long time and I hope everyone is happy with the new software.

Also:
A big thanks to Chuckles my dog, who buried a bone in 1982 (through fear of its owner coming to get him). Although he never found the mysterious bone he buried, he's been a cracking little dog and even though he's losing his mind (and incontinence) in his old age, I'm sure he'll continue to plague this world for many years to come. Hooooooooooray! :)

8)
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Re: Update

Post by Ritchie »

Thanks Skezza .. it's been a long day ! haha .. cheers !
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS GUYS NICE JOB AND A LONG TIME COMING TOO!!!!
David

Post by David »

Thanks for the new site, lot of effort has been put into it!
No problems as of yet ;)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

A blessing in disguise; I have a good feeling about this :mrgreen:
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Love the picture Matt!
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

pretty cool, need pics of randy!!
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

We should be getting a banner eventually.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

cool
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Well done Skezz! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Looks like the issues with mail not getting sent is sorted now too :)
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Nice job! 8) Need's a Randy shot and logo (I imagine is forth coming).
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Pleasing to the eye, I like it.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Everything looks cool. Great to have more options. Is there a way to have someone's quote highlighted or brighter. I noticed when someone is quoted at the moment it's a bit dark. Be cool if the banner was a little bigger. I would be happy to lend a hand with that ... if needed. :)
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Hey Hey Hey!! Lovin' the orange glowing "tool" bar at the top. Definitely the NEW hotness. I was nervous there for a couple of days. Almost had UR withdrawel. Not a pretty sight I might add. Started to ban people I didn't know on the street. :lol:
Like the sloping contour at the top center of the page. Looks like the hood of a sports car or something. Lots of choices with the color bars on the right side for font. I'm going to go nuts with that I'm sure. Oh NO it's starting already! Somebody stop me...That's better. Matt, or should I say Capt. Sparrow, great to have you here; "uncensored" of course. Let's make UR the coolest place to stop by and unwind from the fast-paced world outside my window. Kick back with some classic BOO or DOAM. That reminds me. Some suggestions...

1) Slightly brighter grey font to write with maybe.
2) The ability to instantly hear a Randy classic song whenever I am on this board. Like an mP3 player or something like that.
3) X-ray vision. Well, maybe not that one. How about everything in 3-D? :P
4) Chat room idea sounds cool to me. I IM Matt one time and I almost scared him to death.
5) Virtual RR museum or virtual tour. If someone has the skills I would love to see something like that.
6) PICTURES!! Lots of them.

O.K. That should do it...for now. :)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...