Remember Randy: Electric Angel

Post your artwork here, and share others artwork.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Here is the poster version of the artwork. They will be available to the general public when the album is completely finished. Enjoy...

[/img]
Attachments
12x18 Electric Angel Poster.jpg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
ILOVERUDYSARZO

Post by ILOVERUDYSARZO »

its so beautiful!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think it is very tasteful EA, I also think it displays much of the respect and adaration you and we feel for RR.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Although I do like aspects of this art, the eyes and facial expression are not a part of Randy. He never looked that way, and it is almost a scary rendition of someone who was never scary. Artist must not have ever seen him live, pictures of him, or videos. Sorry, but I really don't like this rendition, it does not capture who he was or his soul.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Eyes and face

One of the most difficult things about capturing Randy is that you could never take one photograph and say it captured his entire soul. Pictures only capture a fragment of that person. This kind of artwork was never intended to portray Randy as evil but it does give the sense of passion he had for playing. The artist Cat did have a photograph to go by to get his intense facial expression. I have linked it here for you. Remember, this artwork is only an interpretation of one moment. Maybe someday they will make a hologram photo that can portray more than one expression. This was definitely the hardest choice I had to make...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rand ... y.jpg?o=73

P.S. I listen to Randy's private lessons on youtube. He was a gentle understanding teacher. He inspired me to be a teacher. But when he was on stage he was a master showman as well. He didn't hold back. I didn't want to create an artwork that was tranquil or unassuming simply because that would not have fit his personality on stage. If it helps, the original draft was even more intense than the one you see here. I do understand your point though...
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Re: Remember Randy: Electric Angel

Madman wrote:Although I do like aspects of this art, the eyes and facial expression are not a part of Randy. He never looked that way, and it is almost a scary rendition of someone who was never scary. Artist must not have ever seen him live, pictures of him, or videos.
I wanted to give everyone a chance to see the detail Cat did for Electric Angel. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner but as you can tell his eyes are not "SCARY" looking. There are blue...
Attachments
EA Closeup.jpg
(33.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Fri May 14, 2010 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk when he yells, "The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!" I got the artwork of my album put on a custom T-shirt. It's so kickass. This is not the actual photo but you get the idea...
Attachments
Electric Angel T-shirt.jpg
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

ha ha!! That is great Dave!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt