RE: Jody Kephart and Buyers of Zues 840 Amp on Ebay (Update)

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

JAY wrote:This thing is going to disappear off the face of the earth and in a private collectors guitar closet,like I posted at tk how the heck could you ever prove it was Randy's???I'm sure Zeus GAVE it to him for a promotional listing in his gear listing(Randy Rhoads uses Zeus ....in the Diary program) so no bill of sale,zeus is long gone so noway of tracking down records.the only known pictures of the amp with randy don't match................you get the idea.Imagine calling the cops as a member of the family:Hello Florida PD
I would like to report a theft from 27 years ago on behalf of my Uncle who passed away in 1982 ,we have no proof or receipts of ownership but Please arrest the man in posession of this amp and send it back to California.Then someone in the PD seizes it and it goes into a evidence lockup with THOUSANDS of other items and is "misplaced" by a closet OZZY fan working in the PD.Of course it would never get that far as the Florida PD would hang up as soon as they heard the opening sentence.
I am not saying it is right for him to sell it but he has it and I don't think anybody could get it from him unless he sold it.As was said before the world isn't perfect.
Hey, Jay, thanks for giving the guy a reason not to return it. Sometimes these posts do more harm than good by giving people ideas they wouldn't have thought of on their own...
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Yeah without me it would take a mental giant to figure that one out after 27 years.Must have been my years of Bond.James Bond school. Think about it posted it on ebay pulled before the last 12 hours AFTER getting a ton of buyers contact info to do a private deal,using us all he is.
LOVEBANDITS

Post by LOVEBANDITS »

jody:ok i'm glad you have come to your senses! i spoke last week with Mrs. Rhoads and she did tell me they were aware of it being on ebay!! so best thing would be to send it to them at the music school!! and you pay the postage!!! make sure it is packed good too!!! thank you for now doing the right thing!! maybe Guitar World magazine can do a good feature on it and share it with the rest of the world,esp since we have only seen it in posters with Randy! don't be a dick! ever hear of Karma????....
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/LOVEBANDITSBAND
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Too late LOVEBANDITS, it's been sold.
Halorising wrote:It's mine im putting the money in his account monday and he is shipping it to me monday. Im sending him a pdv when it's done.
LOVEBANDITS

Post by LOVEBANDITS »

I DON'T THINK SO!
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/LOVEBANDITSBAND
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

Paul, is that not good?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

FlyingHigh wrote:Paul, is that not good?
Well, in the end the seller gets the money for something that was not his (provided it's real, which I still doubt) AND a PDV????!!!

I just think $15,000 could help a lot of unfortunate people and this RR memorabilia stuff is getting out of hand.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

(I will post this response here as well)

I read with an amount of disappointment that this item has been sold without learning if it’s legitimate or not by a member at TK.
I feel that this has aided hiked prices for RR items and only profits those who have no real claim to the item concerned, also even though it returns to Randy’s nearest and dearest (as seems to be the plan) I imagine it will be locked away perhaps never to be seen again.
The whole sorry saga leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth because of the way this has been handled from the first day it was brought to our attention, also I have to agree with Paul that such sums seem obscene at the present time.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.