Gata's solo

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Gata

In Stereo !

Post by Gata »

Hi all,

I just discovered (I'm not quick :?) how to listen to the stereo track from a video on youtube, provided it was uploaded as such. That's good news because it makes a sensible difference on most of the clips I posted there, and even more on those recorded with overdub (split over left and right channels).

Viewing a video, click the "Stereo" annotation to get the stereo track if you're not already there.

Also, I edited the original topic (at the top) with all the links to point to the stereo version.

It really sounds better.
Make my day.
Cheers.

Pat (http://www.youtube.com/user/pdgf1997)
"I told'em I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how"
Gata

Over the Mountain

Post by Gata »

Good evening,

I finally finished the editing of my latest cover. It was good to get back to work (and have fun) on Randy's material (without forgetting Bob's and Lee's contributions). I also really appreciate the lyrics. Although not relating to the song, I often think of Randy as a shooting star that showed many guitar players the way to a new dimension. Hope you'll find the cover fine enough:

Over the Mountain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBk-BPkRdA&fmt=18

Cheers,
Pat
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Pat

I really enjoyed it, this is one of my favorite Randy songs and also has not seemed to have dated since its release in 1981.

I hope you don't mind me asking but is Randy Rhoads well known and well thought of in France?

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Gata

RR in France

Post by Gata »

Trigger wrote: I hope you don't mind me asking but is Randy Rhoads well known and well thought of in France?
I don't mind at all. The question is interesting because the answer is not obvious. Thanks for asking...

My impression and experience is that Randy's name is not very well known in France. I only met a few people about my age who had heard of his name, indentifying him with Ozzy but barely able to name a song. It may be a question of generation though: I was about 13 when I discovered Randy, in 1983/84, thanks to my elder brother. Later on, playing around with my bands, I always felt honoured to bring Randy's music to people who did not know him but appreciated it. It kind of sounded sad that he was not more known.

More generally, I think France has never been a large audience for heavy metal. Note that, for example, we tend to use the term hard rock rather than heavy metal. More significantly, it always hit me that a touring HR/HM band would often play four or five dates in Germany, but only one or two in France ! In the 80s, as I remember it, Ozzy was obviously seen as a respectable veteran, and we heard a lot more of bands like Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Metallica...

A quick search on google gives us a more or less the same number of pages for "Randy Rhoads", "Kirk Hammett" and "Ace Frehley"... in Germany ! About the same in the UK. In Sweden, Randy's score is half of Hammett's and Frehley's. In France, that's only a third of Hammett's and a sixth of Frehley's. Matthias Jab scores as much as Randy on French pages, go figure.

Now, regarding the few that know his music, I usually had a good feedback although not very elaborated. I never met another fellow musician with a passion for his music. But I remember I opened a few ears to that magic.

My two cents (or pennies).

Cheers,
Pat
hide

Post by hide »

Awesome over the mountain duude
Gata

Crazy Train

Post by Gata »

Good evening,

It took me some time to get back to the table and have fun with some recording.
Voila, hope you'll enjoy:

Crazy Train - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBfeNTrfdjs&fmt=18

Pat
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Awesome work again Pat!

Cpt Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Gata

Flying High Again

Post by Gata »

Good evening,

Here's a song with a solo I hadn't worked on for a long time (with that damn stretch exercise in the middle). I can't have enough bending that G in the main riff though...

Flying High Again - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maTU1u0eqGo&fmt=18

Cheers,
Pat
Gata

Van Halen's Panama

Post by Gata »

Dear all,

This year, summertime was not very convenient for my practicing the guitar, with so many things to do outside the house. Well, I greatly enjoyed getting back to the guitar to work and record VH's Panama. To me, this is a powerful song that carries sweet memories. I was 14 when the album came out, and had not started playing long before.

Panama - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWLa2KqcRBY&fmt=18

Pat
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Pat

Authentic tone there and a great version...
and as usual nicely filmed! :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt