Ozzy for two more albums

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

"I never seen a 50 or 60 years old rockstar, but I'm gonna go for that!". (Ozzy interview in early eighties)

Till now he keeps word! 8) I rather see a 30 years old Ozzy too. But as long people are comming to his shows and enjoy it, then I think he is doing the right thing though. He tried to retire a few times before but wasn't happy then, so I guess he will continue as long as he can. What else he can do?
But like someone said here he maybe need some new hot fresh guitarplayer to get more inspired? (no discredit to Zakk btw, even if Randy would have stayed for so long it wouldn't be all great.... )
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think anyone who goes to see any rocker who's 50+ in years expecting them to be as good as they were when they were 22 is a bit delusional in my book. A few board members/RNR fans may not think Ozzy is any good anymore, but there are lots of people who still do. Ozzy's last album was number 3 in America and top 10 in 10 other countries. Ozzfest sold out as did his world tour...there is clearly a large audience for him. If I were him and I was still getting that kind of success, hell no I would not retire.

I like Zakk and am so used to him being with Ozzy it's hard to imagine others there...I can't even think of anyone who could fill the spot! I remember hearing a few years ago that Ozzy auditioned Buckethead. I nearly puked!
I am just keeping my fingers crossed for an acoustic album...Zakk can bring out the slide and Ozzy can take out the harmonica. That would be so awesome.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

NicDots wrote: I am just keeping my fingers crossed for an acoustic album...Zakk can bring out the slide and Ozzy can take out the harmonica. That would be so awesome.

That would be amazing....

I also thought an all ballad album(Ala Old LA Tonight) would be a great album for him.....
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Old LA Tonight is one of my favorites.... 8)

"Those summer nights!"
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I don't mind the softer side of Ozzy, he's made some great ballads over the years, one or two on an album is fine by me but I'm not sure I could stomach a full album of 'em.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well I think an acoustic album wouldn't necessarily qualify as a ballad album. Alice in Chains' Unplugged is definitely not a ballad album!
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Fozzy41 wrote:I don't mind the softer side of Ozzy, he's made some great ballads over the years, one or two on an album is fine by me but I'm not sure I could stomach a full album of 'em.
Well it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference to me either way...I haven't been able to stomach too much of anything he's done since No More Tears.... :lol:
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

I actually like Ozzmosis aswell, I like Old LA Tonight, See You On The Other Side and My Little Man

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I know lots of people that like Ozzmosis, but only after I made them listen to it over and over again. :lol: I guess it's one of those things that you have to listen to and appreciate over time. I like that it gets away from the juvenility of the early albums. Although I love those earlier albums (primarily for guitar only), I think the lyrics are really 15 year old-ish. I think Ozzmosis and No More Tears for the most part are a lot more mature in that sense.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

lol

I actually sung My Little Man to my nephew when he was crying, he soon calmed down and sleeped,

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah I really like Ozzmosis. Some great songs on there.
I remember seeing him on the Ozzmosis tour in '95 and was gutted he never played a single song off the album, what's that all about, you tour to promote an album and yet play fuck-all off it, strange.
Saw him the following year at Donington though and he played I Just Want You and Perry Mason.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:Yeah I really like Ozzmosis. Some great songs on there.
I remember seeing him on the Ozzmosis tour in '95 and was gutted he never played a single song off the album, what's that all about, you tour to promote an album and yet play fuck-all off it, strange.
Saw him the following year at Donington though and he played I Just Want You and Perry Mason.
I agree Gaz, I expected something new on the tour, but by the time Donington came around it all changed! I remember thinking that he was not going to stop playing because his Donington song set was massive!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah Trigger he did seem to play longer than I'd ever seen him and I remember having a ball down the front, can't really remember the set but I'm sure it was a long 'un and I remember Ozzy getting quite emotional from the reaction he got from the crowd. I remember Perry Mason sounding great down the front but I thoughtt listening back to it on a video clip a few days later he sounded pretty shit, but to be honest its all a bit vague 'cos Donington '96 was part of my Stag Night week-end, Friday night on the piss round Hull, all day and night drinking at Donington on the Saturday and then another big session back in Hull on the Sunday. One week later and I was a married man under the thumb, never to be the same again, oh well, at least I ended my single life in style.
Ahh memories!
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

I like Ozzmosis alot, Tomorrow, Ghost behind my eyes, Thunder Underground and My Jekyll doesn't hide are some of my favorites. I really dig it, I think that's one of Ozzy's best albums vocally kind of went back to his Sabbath roots IMO. I'd love Ozzy to do a heavy blues type of album