Favorite Riff's

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite Riff's

Post by Trigger »

Do any of you have any favorite riffs from live shows? we all talk about our favorite song but the most interesting stuff IMO are the riffs and lick he played live.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

On the 80's shows he did a nice little mini solo at the start of crazy train ;). there my fave
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

skezza wrote:On the 80's shows he did a nice little mini solo at the start of crazy train ;). there my fave
I think all the guys did their own little solo "intros" to Crazy Train. Jake made his own intro, and Zakk did Randy's.

My favorite "lick" is from the Diary shows, when they do Children of the Grave. I'm referring to the Minneapolis, MN boot. Before Ozzy sings the last verse, Randy plays a nice little triplet-note riff there. I always love it, it's very spur-of-the-moment!
DaneisKing1389

Post by DaneisKing1389 »

Do you have that show you're talking about? I'm looking to here different Randy Rhoads performances and I don't know where to get the live shows. Any help would be great.
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

Take a look at the free audio section the guys have loads of shows on it.
Randy rocked
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I like the intro Randy did to Crazy Train on the 10/22/80 Chelmsford show... he used that same lick later during Children of the grave on Tribute...

Overall I prefer the earliest shows when they were still having fun and the coporate monstaer hadn't gotten on board...
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I like the one of the UK tour shows where ozzy says Randy is gay and Randy just ripps before going into suicide!
i aslo like some of those pull off licks he did in i don't know in the verses in another boot but i can't remember which one. you lot know your stuff! they are a bit like the cool intro lick but they kind of go up in the scale somehow.