Kevin DuBrow; 1955 - 2007

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Kevin Dubrow - R.I.P
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killer2006

Post by Killer2006 »

I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin on 2 occasions when Quiet Riot passed through Buffalo, NY.
He was actually a very nice guy - what shocked me the most was, the second time I met him, he remembered my name. You don't find that very often these days, the fact that someone who travels and tours the world would remember a relative nobody like myself.
I feel honored and privileged to have met the man and he will be missed by me and every fan in the Western New York area.

Rest in Peace Kevin.
Franky Boy

Kevin DuBrow R.I.P.

Post by Franky Boy »

I'm so sorry to hear that Kevin died last sunday. I just had to listen to ''Winners Take All'' (remake of ''Teenage Anthem'' with RR) on my record, thinking of the great songs he wrote and sang and how much we will all miss him.

ROCK ON KEVIN!
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

That's a life pretty well lived. Wow. Hearing Glen and Frankie speak about him is something. If you can be remembered and cherished in these ways... What more could a man want to be remembered for?
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

For those of you who don't frequent RR.TK, here is the latest statement from Kelly Garni.

Kelly Garni wrote:I will give you all the details and fill you in on what we all know is now true
He will post that information tomorrow.

I also found this from Twisted Sister's Dee Snider to be of interest. With all the negative things we've heard (and said) about Kevin DuBrow, it's nice to know that there are those with good things to say about him.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I still can't believe it.......
But after seeing a report even in a Dutch paper today complete with picture it's hard to deny anymore.
"A typical L'enfant terrible..., always in for trouble :lol: , but in the end with a good heart! 8) ".
That's the image I always had about Kevin. My condolences to the family and friends of Kevin.

RIP Kevin. You will be missed..... and I hope you are up there now with Randy jamming again!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I can't shake the comparison to the Beatles - only the original bassist and drummer are left.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
organelle67

KD's death so sudden

Post by organelle67 »

This guitar player I know (who is very good)....had been asked by Kevin a few months ago to join Quiet Riot....and now this happens. I'm very sorry Kevin passed away, I wasn't a big fan of KD or QR....but I still enjoyed some of their music at times regardless. It's always sad to hear of someone passing, even if you didn't know them personally, you have a connection with them through their music.

David
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Rudy Sarzo's comments regarding Kevin's death.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Thanks Paul. I'm sorry they didn't end on the best of terms. That is something we all have to take away from this: don't let your beef with someone go too long. Rudy is always pretty gracious and I'm sure Kevin would appreciate the sentiment.

Rudy remembers him the way I always will: a true rock fan. He never quite fit the image of a "rock star" to me (very tall and, well, follicle-ly challenged - kind of like a regular dude) but he more than met the criteria fronting a band. He worked a crowd well and he kept the energy going. So glad I braved the masses and stood front row in 1983. Nothing quite like it. I saw Dire Straits in 1979 and stood front row but the energy of that Quiet Riot show was totally different.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here's another commentary by Rudy (from KNAC radio's website). It's more in depth than the first one.
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

Heres a cool pic of Kevin with his polka-dot shirt......

Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
RandyFan100

Post by RandyFan100 »

Condolences to his family, friends, bandmates and everyone who have known him.

RIP Kevin, you will be truely missed.